Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Is The Worst Film You Have Ever Seen?

Armegeddon, where they flew to an asteroid (apparently a very slow asteroid) that was heading for earth. Thank heaven they took their double-sized machine guns, and Liv Tyler was weepy over one of the rugged lads, or earth was doomed.
I got my money back half-way through :thumbsup: (don't forget kiddies, when that movie sucks the big one, you too can rightfully get the lolly back as long as you didn't stay too long!)

Far From Heaven . Far from good, when they thrust the whole race and gay and social politics in my face for 2 hours. In the 50's every car was pristine and shone dustfree as well. Can't they hire cars that aren't museum pieces or put some dirt on them? course not, it's Hollywood .

Gangs of New York . Leonardo de Caprio was poorly cast, and Daniel Day Lewis should stop congratulating himself for that accent he blithered through because it was shit. An excuse for an 'epic', that shouldn't win anything, but probably made big box-office anyway.

Donnie Darko. Pathetic 'fancy dress' costumes, poor plot, and obviously a vehicle for Drew Barrymore .

Nepotism ruins many films, the need to put a 'star' in them and thereby make the story veiled behind the too-pretty person conveying them, and the need to pander to the 'stupid' element in the audience.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd agree with your comments on Pearl Harbour, Gareth. The attack itself is stunningly filmed, absolutely incredible effects. Its just that you have to wade through 90 minutes of treacle to finally get there, but once it arrives....WHOA.
The 5.1 Surround Sound on that literally has me ducking and weaving in my armchair. Marvellous scenes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The brilliance of the Pearl Harbour attacks keeps it off any worst film list imho. It has been referred to as a flop but took over 450 million dollars and is in the top 40 all time box office films

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Almost forgot Freddy Got Fingered. Utter utter utter utter utter shite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
But I won't accept that a film is shite just cos it doesn't stick absolutely to the history books (which often give different accounts of the same events anyway, depending which one you read).

That's so true Easy and the best example I can think of is that any Spaniard would struggle to relate the English version of The defeat of the Spanish Armada to the Spanish one.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
any Auston powers film - tosh - hate them!

gangs of NY was sooo crap too.

meeting the parents - now there is a load of crap for you.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Nathan Cook said:
hey i love that film, thats one of my favourites! I even bought it on Monday!

my worst film is contriversial but it is Lord of the Rings

Wait a minute ive only seen 20 minutes of Lord of the rings and got bored stiff so technichly i havent seen it.

I hate most of the older war films but some of the newer ones are alrite but my most hated film is starship troopers
my dad has has forced me to watch this film many times and it just gets even mire boringer than the previous time of watching!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Austin Powers - The Spy who Shagged Me. Absolute dross!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10, it was LAMBADA that I saw, although now you remind me LA BAMBA was shite as well.

MRRF 10

Stoaty Ferret said:
I thought XXX was a load of old baalarks.

totally agree, and any austin powers films, and romeo and juliet, they update the scenery but still have to have that stupid shakespeare talk, had to watch it in english today, and that was the longest hour in my life

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Not one single person has mentioned Crash.
I've never seen so many people walk out during a film.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
The Avengers.

It didn't get a press release before being let-out at the cinema because they knew all the bad reports it would get.

Mission to Mars.

The special effects were brilliant, but just as you were waiting for somethin exciting to happen, it ended.

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Boxing Helena.

Very few films come anywhere near that level of pure badness.

There was a surfing film based in Cornwall starring that Pertwee bloke who was in Cold Feet, on Box Office recently. I watched the first 15 minutes and it showed potential of being even worse that Boxing Helena. Perhaps someone knows if this was indeed the case.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Unbreakable with Bruce Willis /Samuel L Jackson I fell asleep in the cinema for five mins it was so bad!!!

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
Stoaty Ferret said:
I thought XXX was a load of old baalarks.

Bang on, the biggest pile of turd I have ever seen. I saw this film for nothing and I felt well and truly ripped off. Totally robed of time could have spent doing something more enjoyable, like stabbing my eyes out.

Vin Diesel is a complete cock, my post-it notes have more talent than this cockspanner.

"The Core" was also major toilet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here