Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Is The Worst Film You Have Ever Seen?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Human Traffic and Star Wars Episode 1 - the only time I've walked out of a cinema.

Out of interest, why does anyone buy films on DVD/Video? You never end up watching them more than once...if that. Total waste of money.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Cheeky Monkey said:
Human Traffic and Star Wars Episode 1 - the only time I've walked out of a cinema.

Out of interest, why does anyone buy films on DVD/Video? You never end up watching them more than once...if that. Total waste of money.

No, YOU don't watch them more than once.

Why do so many people think they speak for everyone?

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.... I saw it on the plane on the way to holiday. Quite honestly the worst piece of drivel I have EVER seen. And as for Sean Connery lending himself to such tosh; I can only think that he must have owed someone a favour.

Having said all that, the only film I fell asleep in was Gone With The Wind (it did the rounds again in the late seventies / early eighties). Overly long and turgid.
:nono:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Juan Albion said:
How about "The Core"?

Yes, I rented that last week, it was utter cock all round apart from the Doris flying the worm thing who looked quite nice in those tight leather pants. However, beating that pile of pap by far was a film i remember watching at the ABC in Eastbourne circa 1980 called "Orca" or something like that with Richard Harris in it hunting a rogue killer whale and then getting eaten funnily enough, a bit like JAWS but in the cold. It was truly awful.

Other crap films:

Truly Madly Deeply - weepy nouveau riche prissy toss;
Escape to Victory - Russel Osman - NO!
Anything with Goldie Hawn in it and;
Whack Attack 4 - truly disappointing.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Easy 10 said:
OK, the films on this thread you are all dissing, that I own are:

Deep Blue Sea - well, I quite like it. Specially when Saffron Burrows strips to her white undies.
Jeepers Creepers - crap, I'll admit. It wasn't me who bought it though.
From Dusk Till Dawn - I love this film. Clooney is excellent, Tarantino is weird, Hayek is nearly naked.
The Fast and the Furious - brainless entertainment. Great on the Surround Sound.
Attack of the Clones - bit of a let-down, but still quite good if you forget it's supposed to be Star Wars
Independence Day - irritating "America Saves the World - Again" stuff, but I just can't help but like it.

Have to agree - Dusk till Dawn is an absolute classic and Selma getting her kit off whilst playing with a huge white python bought me to a height of pleasure I have not experienced since Pans People and Kate Bush on Tops of the Pops.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Selma is indeed a bit of a highlight. She's not looked that ravishing since Desperado.
Have to love Harvey Keitel too, when he's got that shotgun crossed with a baseball bat for a kickass makeshift "crucifix".

Marvellous scenes.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Easy 10 said:
I'd agree with your comments on Pearl Harbour, Gareth. The attack itself is stunningly filmed, absolutely incredible effects. Its just that you have to wade through 90 minutes of treacle to finally get there, but once it arrives....WHOA.
The 5.1 Surround Sound on that literally has me ducking and weaving in my armchair. Marvellous scenes.

Still cannot forgive Pearl Harbor for the same reason as Titanic: Hundreds of people dying not being good enough. Both films feel the need to overlook the tragedy that affected so many, and focus on one couple.

What about those that drowned under the hulls? They get about 30 seconds.

And in Titanic I couldn't believe they felt the need to introduce a gun fight, as the drowning of thousands just isn't dramatic enough for a film...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Starship Troopers
Eraserhead
Unbreakable

:nono: :dunce: :lolol: :D :lol: :angry: :censored: :jester:

Excellent films all 3 dunceheads

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Watership Down. Got it out of Blockbusters for me kids when they were about 3 and 5. Thought it would be all about lickle bunnies hopping about in a field or something, a sort of extended rabbit-based Froggy Song. Wasn't quite expecting the Sam Peckinpah levels of sickening violence and was diving for the Eject button long before the end. The horror! The horror! :eek:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tom Hark said:
Watership Down. Got it out of Blockbusters for me kids when they were about 3 and 5. Thought it would be all about lickle bunnies hopping about in a field or something, a sort of extended rabbit-based Froggy Song. Wasn't quite expecting the Sam Peckinpah levels of sickening violence and was diving for the Eject button long before the end. The horror! The horror! :eek:

Oh, you fool...

Pavilionaire said:
LA BAMBA was shite as well.

No no no no NO!! La Bamba was a quality film. Alright the acting might not have been the stuff of Oscars, but the storyline and soundtrack are right up there. Richie Valens, like so many of his era, taken too early.

#Well, come on let's go, let's go, little darlin'
Tell me that you'll never leave me
Come on, come on, let's go again and again and again and again

Well, now swing me, swing me all the way darling
Come on, let's go little darling
Lets go, let's go again once more

Well, I love you so yeah and I'll never let you go
Come on baby soon
Oh pretty baby I love you so

Well, let's go, let's go, let's go little sweetheart
And then we can always be together
Come on, come on let's go again

Well, let's go, let's go, let's go little darling
Wherever we'll be alone yeah
Come on, come on let's go and again and again and again and again

Well, come on, come on, come on little darling
Come on we'll always be together
Come on, come on little darling
And again and again and again

And again and again and again#

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I forgot to mention

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Very poor acting, and terrible story... So, you've got the most powerful Vampire of all time, and a young girl manages to kill him with a stick... yeah, right.

[That's the film, not the TV series - mind you]

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Papa Lazarou said:
So, you've got the most powerful Vampire of all time, and a young girl manages to kill him with a stick... yeah, right.

But she's the Chosen One!

Seriously though, it's a shocking film, doesn't compare to the TV show. Because it doesn't have Sarah Michelle Gellar. Or lesbians.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
DTES said:
But she's the Chosen One!

Seriously though, it's a shocking film, doesn't compare to the TV show. Because it doesn't have Sarah Michelle Gellar. Or lesbians.

Kristy Swanson (sp?) who was in the film was, and is, fantastic. Give me Kristy over Sarah any day of the week...

kristyswanson1.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
shame she can't act for toffee...

Is that really her? As she looked quite ropey in the film, but she certainly looks mighty fine in that photo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Papa Lazarou said:
shame she can't act for toffee...

Is that really her? As she looked quite ropey in the film, but she certainly looks mighty fine in that photo.

That is her more recently. The film has to be 10 years or so old now. She still looked OK back then though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here