Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Is The Worst Film You Have Ever Seen?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Highfields Seagull said:
I was almost bored to death during the Blair Witch Project:yawn:

Oh I forgot Blair Witch - how could I do that !>?!?!?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Papa Lazarou said:
I was too shocked to answer this myself.. we are all entitled to our opinions, and I think that Braveheart was a travesty. It's not the alteration of history that annoys me, it's more Hollywood's bias against the English at every turn.

Take the Patriot for example - there's a sequence in that where the English general orders the execution of every man in a particulat town. Now this did happen, but actually in the 2nd world war, and it was the German's who perpetrated the crime against (i beleive) a French village.

Just not worth discussing really.

Well if you go to watch a movie with a history book tucked under your arm, then thats up to you. Personally, I go to be entertained, not to pick holes in whether "this" actually happened, or whether "that" actually happened. It's just a bloody movie, it's not supposed to be a cinamatic essay on the history of 14th Century Scotland, or whatever.

Criticising a movie on that level just smacks of snobbery. As far as the anti-english stuff goes, I can't say I lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The Matrix Revolutions is truly dire. Wooden Acting, Awful dialogue and topped off by the voice of the machines. Truly terrible.

I also vote for 'She's all that' If anyone has had the misfortune to see this American high school high jinks film they will know what I mean.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Easy 10 said:
Well if go to watch a movie with a history book tucked under your arm, then thats up to you. Personally, I go to be entertained, not to pick holes in whether "this" actually happened, or whether "that" actually happened. It's just a bloody movie, it's not supposed to be a cinamatic essay on the history of 14th Century Scotland, or whatever.

Criticising a movie on that level just smacks of snobbery.

Not really, Hollywood has a nasty habit of slanting things and distorting the facts. Please understand that the average AMerican know sod all about anybody's history including their own rather short one so they will take flims like Braveheart and The Patriot as gospel.

I might mention U571 where a bunch of brave Americans capture a vital Enigma machine from a sinking submarine. Accurate in every part save one, the part about the Americans doing it. It was a British crew that actually did it in reality. The makers of Titanic had to pay compensation to descendants of several members of the real crew thanks to their defamitory portrayal of them.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Men in Black ........Utter over hyped load of american piss
Independance day........Utter over hyped load of american piss
the Mummy.........worst acting ive ever seen.:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bhaexpress said:
Not really, Hollywood has a nasty habit of slanting things and distorting the facts. Please understand that the average AMerican know sod all about anybody's history including their own rather short one so they will take flims like Braveheart and The Patriot as gospel.

I might mention U571 where a bunch of brave Americans capture a vital Enigma machine from a sinking submarine. Accurate in every part save one, the part about the Americans doing it. It was a British crew that actually did it in reality. The makers of Titanic had to pay compensation to descendants of several members of the real crew thanks to their defamitory portrayal of them.
True, but then their ignorance of the true facts is their problem, not ours, or at least thats how I see it. Anyone stupid enough to take a film as being gospel of the facts is hardly worthy of getting worked up about.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Easy 10 said:
Well if you go to watch a movie with a history book tucked under your arm, then thats up to you. Personally, I go to be entertained, not to pick holes in whether "this" actually happened, or whether "that" actually happened. It's just a bloody movie, it's not supposed to be a cinamatic essay on the history of 14th Century Scotland, or whatever.

Criticising a movie on that level just smacks of snobbery. As far as the anti-english stuff goes, I can't say I lose any sleep over it.

I suppose its a case of feeling cheated and that the filmmakers have been lazy. if they're claiming the gravitas of historical fact as a selling point, which the makers of Braveheart did, then they have to deliver.
I understand your point, but there's people going to the cinema for all sorts of reasons. All as valid as the next. EVen snobs like me.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
The 2nd Austin Powers movie made me want to punch walls.

I was violently ill after watching Natural Born Killers it was so shite.

Gangs of New York can go f**k itself as well.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Easy 10 said:

Yes but not everyone is intelligent enough to realise this is entertainment and not reality.

Most Americans think that JFK was killed by a lone gun man on the grassy knoll, Braveheart slept with the Kings wife and the Enigma code was cracked by the Germans and that Alan Rickman is German. What next a film about the American Rugby World cup victors?

Anything that makes the Americans lose touch with reality due to completely inaccurate historical information deserve some level of criticism regardless of the entertianment value of the film

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
tedebear said:
who me or him?? I met him and I didn't like him just MHO...

He might not be the nicest chap in the world, but he made some very good films in the 70s and the early part of the 80s.
But your reasoning is as valid as any.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meade's_Ball said:
I suppose its a case of feeling cheated and that the filmmakers have been lazy. if they're claiming the gravitas of historical fact as a selling point, which the makers of Braveheart did, then they have to deliver.
I understand your point, but there's people going to the cinema for all sorts of reasons. All as valid as the next. EVen snobs like me.

Not sure about Braveheart being sold as being of genuine historical gravitas - they're hardly going to say "very little of this actually happened, but there's lots of naughty englishmen and fighting anyway". It depends on the expectations of the viewer I suppose, but anyone expecting a history lesson from Hollywood is being more than a little naiive I'd say.

Take it for what it is - a piece of entertainment loosely based around some historical events - and leave it at that. I'll accept is shite if its poorly paced and boring, if the acting is rubbish, the effects are crap, etc etc. But I won't accept that a film is shite just cos it doesn't stick absolutely to the history books (which often give different accounts of the same events anyway, depending which one you read).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Easy 10 said:
True, but then their ignorance of the true facts is their problem, not ours, or at least thats how I see it. Anyone stupid enough to take a film as being gospel of the facts is hardly worthy of getting worked up about.

Unfortuantely the American nation's ignorance of other cultures and countries allows them to vote a cretin like George Bush into power and this does have an indirect effect on the rest of the world.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Not sure about Braveheart being sold as being of genuine historical gravitas - they're hardly going to say "very little of this actually happened, but there's lots of naughty englishmen and fighting anyway". It depends on the expectations of the viewer I suppose, but anyone expecting a history lesson from Hollywood is being more than a little naiive I'd say.

Take it for what it is - a piece of entertainment loosely based around some historical events - and leave it at that. I'll accept is shite if its poorly paced and boring, if the acting is rubbish, the effects are crap, etc etc. But I won't accept that a film is shite just cos it doesn't stick absolutely to the history books (which often give different accounts of the same events anyway, depending which one you read).

I haven't even seen it. :D

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Without any doubt at all worst film of all time is Scary Movie 2. Not a single laugh. Pointless, tasteless drivel.

Meanwhile...Final Destination, Blair Witch Project and Jeepers Creepers are all great, easy to watch popcorn cinema but I couldn't stand Braveheart. Thank God for opinions!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It takes all sorts I suppose but AI is superb. No film that has the power , might and details of the Pearl Harbor attack for a full 40 minutes cannot be disregarded imho. This piece of Warfare cinematography has only been bettered by Saving Private Ryan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here