Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the MATTER with people in East Belfast?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
London has what used to be the busiest river in the world, The Thames. How anyone can deny it has always been multicultural is making a mockery of their own argument.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm sure there is good and bad points to it. My point would be that if you feel it is all bad London really is a terrible place to live as it has been like this since it's inception. It could be fair to say that it has accelerated more in the last 50 years, but then so has everything.
Nibble what has happened recently is unprecedented, white british kids make up 20% of the school population, swamped is not an exaggeration, and I couldnt give a flying f*** how much I get howled down or how many people I upset, many of these wonderful new additions have nowhere near the standards of behaviour, civilisation or hygiene that we would consider normal , you only have to look at the number of kids beaten to death to drive out f***ing demons to suss this out, and please dont bother citing home grown cases of child abuse , crime or hygiene, just because we have our own it doesnt make it ok to import more.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I don't need to try hard. Yes, there has been an acceleration of change in London in the last 50 yrs. My point is you could not have chosen a worse place to live than a major city if you are opposed to immigration as it is historically a mecca for multiculture, just the way it has always been ie it has been historically multicultural.

see thats the myth right there. no this is unprecedented and will come back and bite ALL of us on the arse. We have gone off topic from a centuries old dispute started due to mass economic migration which evolved into an ethno-religious conflict which is still going strong 300 odd years later. but we refuse to learn!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
London no longer belongs to white men in bowler hats or barrow boys saving up a few shillin's to take Mary Porter down the Roxy on a Saturday and gettin Ma to rustle up some sweet tea and bread after school. It's changing and it always has been my friends. Brave new world an all that

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
London no longer belongs to white men in bowler hats or barrow boys saving up a few shillin's to take Mary Porter down the Roxy on a Saturday and gettin Ma to rustle up some sweet tea and bread after school. It's changing and it always has been my friends. Brave new world an all that
If you truly believe such unadulterated bollocks then its pointless even discussing the issue with you. In fact, thats a typically stereotypical middle class view of what you IMAGINE london to have been like.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you truly believe such unadulterated bollocks then its pointless even discussing the issue with you. In fact, thats a typically stereotypical middle class view of what you IMAGINE london to have been like.

Hahah, I wouldn't know, I have never lived there. Too many ethnics for my liking.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyway, how many londoners (apart from nick cotton ) call their mother MA ?? :lolol:

Ha, dunno, seemed the right thing to type! Oy Oy Cockalorum an' all that! In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to live in London at all. Brighton is about as big a place as I would want to live in. In fact if it wasn't for work I'd likely move to Cornwall.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ha, dunno, seemed the right thing to type! Oy Oy Cockalorum an' all that! In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to live in London at all. Brighton is about as big a place as I would want to live in. In fact if it wasn't for work I'd likely move to Cornwall.
What the f*** is this ? hahahahah " Oy Oy Cockalorum " ....................... eh ?? :lolol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
see thats the myth right there. no this is unprecedented and will come back and bite ALL of us on the arse. We have gone off topic from a centuries old dispute started due to mass economic migration which evolved into an ethno-religious conflict which is still going strong 300 odd years later. but we refuse to learn!

Ooh - Are we talking rivers of blood here ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What the f*** is this ? hahahahah " Oy Oy Cockalorum " ....................... eh ?? :lolol:

Is it the Water Babies, Oi Oi Cockalorum, happy to be in yer company! Knees up muvva brown, jellied eels, down the Old Kent Road? No? Maybe I'm wrong, to be fair I haven't been to London since 1927. ;-)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is it the Water Babies, Oi Oi Cockalorum, happy to be in yer company! Knees up muvva brown, jellied eels, down the Old Kent Road? No? Maybe I'm wrong, to be fair I haven't been to London since 1927. ;-)

:lolol: Seriously ,I'm not having a personal go here , but i think this stereotypical (hopefully deliberately) over the top, out of touch view, which makes me think , that you really dont have a clue.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ooh - Are we talking rivers of blood here ?

hahaha as you imply - mentioning the powell speech is virtually taboo. you inadvertently prove a point. you have been conditioned to know that that is a taboo subject, and any positive reaction to Powell's views or pronouncements on migration makes you persona non grata in polite circles. Doesnt that worry you a little bit?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
:lolol: Seriously ,I'm not having a personal go here , but i think this stereotypical (hopefully deliberately) over the top, out of touch view, which makes me think , that you really dont have a clue.

Of course I don't think that's what London is like, I didn't take Mary Poppins seriously. No, I'm sure London is getting vastly over crowded and the evidence is clear to see that immigration is accelerating to likely unmanageable levels. My point is that all cities have the potential to be like this, especially major ones such as London and it does seem a little naive to get outraged by it as it was bound to happen. I've lived in some holes in m y time, funnily enough, Belfast being one of them, it's how cities can be.

If you want to live in a city that doesn't change one needs to live somewhere like Venice. England has plenty of places less diverse than London if it's not your "Cup of Bumble" as you Cockerknees say it?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Of course I don't think that's what London is like, I didn't take Mary Poppins seriously. No, I'm sure London is getting vastly over crowded and the evidence is clear to see that immigration is accelerating to likely unmanageable levels. My point is that all cities have the potential to be like this, especially major ones such as London and it does seem a little naive to get outraged by it as it was bound to happen. I've lived in some holes in m y time, funnily enough, Belfast being one of them, it's how cities can be.

If you want to live in a city that doesn't change one needs to live somewhere like Venice. England has plenty of places less diverse than London if it's not your "Cup of Bumble" as you Cockerknees say it?
Why was it " bound 2 to happen ?? I'd say new labour actively engineered it inan attempt at vast social engineering.

PS if you insist on using rhyming slang, it would be rosie, rather than bumble .

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
hahaha as you imply - mentioning the powell speech is virtually taboo. you inadvertently prove a point. you have been conditioned to know that that is a taboo subject, and any positive reaction to Powell's views or pronouncements on migration makes you persona non grata in polite circles. Doesnt that worry you a little bit?

Not taboo at all. I believe history shows Powell to be at best misguided. I work in London, I sit with colleagues who can trace their origins back to all sorts of far flung places. We work with other colleagues, suppliers and customers all over the globe and there is nothing unique in what I do. There are literally 10s of thousands of people doing something similar, because London is a truly global city. I have benefited greatly from this and don't want to live in a little England or in a world where people want to fight over flags.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why was it " bound 2 to happen ?? I'd say new labour actively engineered it inan attempt at vast social engineering.

PS if you insist on using rhyming slang, it would be rosie, rather than bumble .

I use little else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here