Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the MATTER with people in East Belfast?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
So you have seen first hand the anger and resentment which still resides in the indigenous people. Are you then able to transpose this to other nations where Indigenous people feel such emotions and comprehend why they may lash out at those they perceive are at the root of their problems?

I said I live in a system like that of which created the troubles in NI. That surprisingly does give one an insight into why people do what they do in such situations.

In modern day Surrey how often do you come across displaced indigenous people in your daily life?

And before you get all abusive it's merely a simple question to find out if you do or not?

In the last 20 years the displaced indigenous peoples of Surrey have tended to gravitate to Kent and Essex.................only 45% of London is native white British these days....................and at school age I understand its 20%. The natives never had any choice in this change and have been encouraged to celebrate the change, so why cant the bigoted abos? They've had a few hundred years to accept it.

That said the old natives of Surrey are not half wits that have reverted to drinking creosote and stinking of piss.............although I think that may not be the case for those who moved into the Medway towns.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I think you've hit the nail on the head, there are people (including children) who will take any opportunity to cause violence and destruction on the streets of Belfast. It's possibly the most stupid ongoing "conflict" in the World and I can't think of too many less appealing places to visit.

Belfast is a lovely city - think Tottenham riots with a bit of history thrown in as an excuse and I can't see the difference.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
In the last 20 years the displaced indigenous peoples of Surrey have tended to gravitate to Kent and Essex.................only 45% of London is native white British these days....................and at school age I understand its 20%. The natives never had any choice in this change and have been encouraged to celebrate the change, so why cant the bigoted abos? They've had a few hundred years to accept it.

That said the old natives of Surrey are not half wits that have reverted to drinking creosote and stinking of piss.............although I think that may not be the case for those who moved into the Medway towns.

London is a disaster. Labour have totally f***ed it for ideological reasons.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
London is a disaster. Labour have totally f***ed it for ideological reasons.
Multi cultural London is a wonderful place to live, a vibrant fantastic melting pot , that is only enriched by the fantastic new things brought to it by immigrants and asylum seekers from every corner of the world, indeed most of the asylum seekers passed through numerous countries just to come here to add to the rich mix of sounds and smells from across the globe , why the constantly shrinking number of people classed as white british complain that they were never asked if they wanted this to happen i dont understand , its an enviable place to live , why just ask the multitude of people on NSC who'll happily tell you so.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
f***ing laughable .

emperors-new-clothes.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All cities, by their very nature, change over time. They lend themselves to transience and this means they are in constant flux. There are very few cities in the world that don't change drastically. This can be laughed off because you refuse to accept it but it dpoesn't make it any less of a fact. London will change as any major city does. If one is opposed to change it really is the worst place in the UK you could have chosen to live, it being historically multicultural. London has always been rammed full of Turks, Moors, Spanish, Chinese, French, Greeks and Indians since boat travel existed. This is an induspitable fact.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
All cities, by their very nature, change over time. They lend themselves to transience and this means they are in constant flux. There are very few cities in the world that don't change drastically. This can be laughed off because you refuse to accept it but it dpoesn't make it any less of a fact.
I'm not arguing with this, I'm stating that the changes that have happened arent a good thing.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
All cities, by their very nature, change over time. They lend themselves to transience and this means they are in constant flux. There are very few cities in the world that don't change drastically. This can be laughed off because you refuse to accept it but it dpoesn't make it any less of a fact.

there is transience and their is 20% british kids in primary schools. agreeing that there is transience and migration into large cities is not the debate, what has happened recently is unprecedented by a long, long way. any dickhead who bangs on about hugenots and a the irish just because they have swallowed a party line or think it makes them sound switched on, is a prick in my eyes. its not against the law to say london has been transformed completely in recent years. you can condone it if you dont need to deal with it in any real sense, just to pass through visit or hope some glamour by association rubs off, but all this total bollocks about london "always being a multicultural city" just makes people sound like try hards.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not arguing with this, I'm stating that the changes that have happened arent a good thing.

I'm sure there is good and bad points to it. My point would be that if you feel it is all bad London really is a terrible place to live as it has been like this since it's inception. It could be fair to say that it has accelerated more in the last 50 years, but then so has everything.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres always been changes....and normal people through the ages have managed to cope with it, without getting hysterical.

'The truth is it isn't new at all. London always was a city of foreigners. For much of its history the percentage of Londoners born outside the capital was actually far higher than today. In a remarkable book, A City Full of People (Methuen), the historian Peter Earle establishes that around 1700, when Samuel Pepys was an old man, Daniel Defoe in his prime and William Hogarth but a boy, a clear majority of Londoners had not been born in the capital. Many had come from overseas: Huguenots from France, Jews from Spain and Eastern Europe, Scandinavians and Germans, Moors and other Mediterranean types.'

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Theres always been changes....and normal people through the ages have managed to cope with it, without getting hysterical.

'The truth is it isn't new at all. London always was a city of foreigners. For much of its history the percentage of Londoners born outside the capital was actually far higher than today. In a remarkable book, A City Full of People (Methuen), the historian Peter Earle establishes that around 1700, when Samuel Pepys was an old man, Daniel Defoe in his prime and William Hogarth but a boy, a clear majority of Londoners had not been born in the capital. Many had come from overseas: Huguenots from France, Jews from Spain and Eastern Europe, Scandinavians and Germans, Moors and other Mediterranean types.'

dave dave dave

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
there is transience and their is 20% british kids in primary schools. agreeing that there is transience and migration into large cities is not the debate, what has happened recently is unprecedented by a long, long way. any dickhead who bangs on about hugenots and a the irish just because they have swallowed a party line or think it makes them sound switched on, is a prick in my eyes. its not against the law to say london has been transformed completely in recent years. you can condone it if you dont need to deal with it in any real sense, just to pass through visit or hope some glamour by association rubs off, but all this total bollocks about london "always being a multicultural city" just makes people sound like try hards.

I don't need to try hard. Yes, there has been an acceleration of change in London in the last 50 yrs. My point is you could not have chosen a worse place to live than a major city if you are opposed to immigration as it is historically a mecca for multiculture, just the way it has always been ie it has been historically multicultural. I am not sure it is unprecedented either actually, according to any books I have read about London it has always had a disproportianate immigrant population fluctuating at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here