Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the final protest decision

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Desert Orchid said:
A sit-in will generate massive nationwide publicity if, and only if, 2 conditions are met:

1. Mark McGhee, all the players and the directors join in for at least some time. I believe this would be unprecedented - another first for BHA. Perhaps Tony Adams could be persuaded to join us, given that he played at the Goldstone in front of 28,000.

2. This demonstration, and who is involved, is publicised in advance to reporters, photographers and cameramen, so they know who'll be involved and why they should stay for it.

A sit-in of fans only will get next to no coverage. A sit-in that unites the fans, manager, players and directors would be a huge story. I have quite a bit of experience in the media and I know how editors' minds work.
I will be VERY disappointed if the manager, players and directors do not ALL join in with this.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maybe we should go into the game as normal but when there's a given signal we all leave our seats and go into the concourse, emptying the away end.

Maybe someone with a horn or something.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Desert Orchid said:
1. Mark McGhee, all the players and the directors join in for at least some time. I believe this would be unprecedented - another first for BHA. Perhaps Tony Adams could be persuaded to join us, given that he played at the Goldstone in front of 28,000.

2. This demonstration, and who is involved, is publicised in advance to reporters, photographers and cameramen, so they know who'll be involved and why they should stay for it.

A sit-in of fans only will get next to no coverage. A sit-in that unites the fans, manager, players and directors would be a huge story. I have quite a bit of experience in the media and I know how editors' minds work.

That would be superb. If we could get the fans, players, managers, and directors of both sides to sit in.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
There is no way they would join in - the disciplinary wrath of the FA could mean a hefty fine/sanctions (maybe even points deduction).

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
GUNTER said:
There is no way they would join in - the disciplinary wrath of the FA could mean a hefty fine/sanctions (maybe even points deduction).
That's total rubbish. This is a peaceful pro-stadium protest, not a pitch invasion during a match. The FA can't tell our manager and players where they're allowed to go after a match. We're not in Nazi Germany.

Getting the manager, players and directors involved tomorrow is the only way we will get any publicity.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Has anyone asked the club if they want to get involved yet? It would be superb if they joind in!

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Would it be appropriate for the team to play in black, instead of yellow, or wear black armbands.....perhaps the players themselves can help deliver flowers to JP on Monday?

tainan

Jul 5, 2003
Why wear black - we haven't lost the planning application yet. We should still be positive.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I have just got an email saying that a 20min sit in will be taking place after the game on Sat.

I was thinking of wearing black but instead I'm wearing the mighty blue and white stripes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here