Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the final protest decision

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Rob you're right in a way. One single event at a game won't change anything, it certainly won't change JP's mind about Falmer. But how much coverage did each single protest during the Archer/Bellotti conflict get on it's own? How much coverage did the Orient sit-in, the walk out against Hereford, the march to Mellor? Taken as single events they didn't get much coverage. All of them together DID get people interested, all the protests together got major features in nearly every national broadsheet newspaper.
If we're serious about keeping the pressure up, about keeping this issue in the public eye and showing how serious it is, we have to do something at EVERY game until the final decision is made. The ideas are still rough and ready but we've only had today to come up with stuff and I think people on here have done themselves proud with creative ideas. Like they say (I don't know who exactly) from small acorns....

Albion Rob

I just don't want us to go the way of Wimbledon. Boycotting our own mathces and coming up with brilliant ideas that just don't grab people outside the club and outside football.

The best idea I have seen is the march along the A27 from Withdean to Falmer on Sunday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think not going in the ground on Saturday till 3:15 may cause a safety issue.

Why don't we remain in the ground afterwards instead till say 5:15 to prove our point and then silently leave ?

Albion Rob

We could stand there silently for the whole game to make it clear how pointless things are without Falmer.

But that would be unfair on the players.

Maybe we could let them know or something.

Also would be good if Tony Adams could pipe up for us on Saturday to the press as they're bound to listen to him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we managed to get the bulk of the 1500 or so travelling army to stay outside 'til 3:15 it would catch the media eye.

But it will be a bugger getting in after that, and there could be a safety concern with everyone trying to get in as quick as possible after the 'sit out'.

But I'm really not sure a sit in after the game will get any attention at all...

It's a difficult one.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Get in the ground, pack the away end, bring the balloons, the confetti, the inflatables, sing for the entire game and make ourselves noticed.
Then sit-in afterwards.
I'm sorry but I just don't buy into the idea of not going into the game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
How about getting in the ground and all turning their back on the game for the first 15 minutes?

Would certainly make an interesting photo.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
A sit in would not generate much attention unless everyone is prepared to make it a long one. Staying for a couple of hours would certainly make the press sit up.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Arthur said:
How about getting in the ground and all turning their back on the game for the first 15 minutes?

haha the funniest idea ive ever heard,lets do it :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
If we managed to get the bulk of the 1500 or so travelling army to stay outside 'til 3:15 it would catch the media eye.

But it will be a bugger getting in after that, and there could be a safety concern with everyone trying to get in as quick as possible after the 'sit out'.

But I'm really not sure a sit in after the game will get any attention at all...

It's a difficult one.

Albiongirl works with a Wycombe fan. She has sent me a text saying the Wycombe fans would be prepared to join in with us.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bozza said:

It's a difficult one.

If we do all stay outside they will probably delay the kick off. If not they will open the gates to get everyone in, they do not want a health and safety issue on their hands.

Arthur said:

Everyone will be standing with their backs to the game, and as soon as something exciting sounds like its happening, a lot of people will have a "quick peek", thinking (if it's only me looking, it won't look too bad). Then everyone does it and we have 2000 backs turned but heads forward! :lolol:

Also not convinced about going in at 3:15. Too much hassle getting in then. I reckon a peaceful sit-in until 6:00 would be good.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What on earth is a sit-in going to achieve? No one will care at all!

As for going on the pitch. NO. That's not good for the club. If Falmer is rejected by Prescott then we can abandon every bloody game we go to!

Health and Safety bla bla bla. More like, I don't want to miss between 15 and 30 minutes of a game of football I've payed to watch.

What we MUST do is get people of all ages there. Kids at the front with Falmer T-Shirts. Elderly people.

It's difficult to get attention without doing something big. Is there anything we really can do though thats big though?

Nobby Lawton

Jan 6, 2004
Look chaps - the effect will be the same if we sit outside and start to go in at 3.05

I'm up for the picket line - who else ?? how many are travelling?

Sorry guys but i think it is a bad idea..

The best idea so far is the flowers o downing street gates.

There is always a journo at the gates(remember the whitewash paint thrown recently,it made papers and T.v). Thousands of blu and white flowers will not fail.Prescott will see the funny side and it will stick in his head.

Please it is weird but a great idea.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
hand out roz's leaflets at the clocktower with me. wearing your yes falmer gear or a blue and white shirt! hand out leaflets talk to people...GET HEARD!

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I've asked this on another thread but do we know if we're talking significant numbers travelling to Wycombe without tickets? I personally think Wycombe provides a useful focus for some kind of public statement on Saturday whether you're planning to watch the game or not (& certainly doesn't negate any of the other suggestions - like flowers to London). I don't have a ticket but would like to show support in some way ( & Wycombe is closer to me than Brighton, unfortunately)

What if everybody were to wear black; black ties, funereal garb etc - anything to provide a good photo opportunity?

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
I think that would take off, everyone going dressed as Undertakers to all our games until we get the right decision. The Press would love that. As someone has said, lots of little protests worked before - the dripping tap syndrome!

But the worst thing we could do would be to invade the pitch or cause any trouble, that would be playing into the hands of the nimbys.

wcnige - after too many stellas

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Keeping up with flowers theme how about taking blue and white flowers to throw??

I'm staying in Wycombe after the match as staying with friends but would be up for a march on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here