Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the final protest decision

Dandyman

In London village.
Sitting Room Only said:
I think its an excellent idea - imagine the players coming out to a near empty away end and then 15 minutes in we all stream in

It might not delay the kick off but combined with leaflets it might make a small impact until we have more time to organise a mass statement

Spread the word everyone

Seconded. It's obviously important that anything we do is peaceful and lawful but is also "sexy" from a media point of view.

Can I suggest this is passed onto the local news people. I will try a national contact.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
standing outside the ground will not delay kick off imho. we have to get in there and get on the pitch at 2.55 and stay there, this will delay kick-off and as long as it is peaceful will create great attention and marvellous scenes.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
bhafc4eva said:
standing outside the ground will not delay kick off imho. we have to get in there and get on the pitch at 2.55 and stay there, this will delay kick-off and as long as it is peaceful will create great attention and marvellous scenes.

yes i can see the headlines

BRIGHTON HOOLIGANS DELAY GAME

Unfortunately any encroachment onto the pitch will show us in a bad light, whether peaceful or not. If we could rely on the sympathy of Wycombe wanderers and the police, then fine, otherwise those people who do not care about our plight will just use it to justify their opposition to us.

I like the empty away end idea, it's very visual and noticeable and should get some comment from any reports on the game, on the tv, radio or in the press.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Gary Nelson said:
yes i can see the headlines

BRIGHTON HOOLIGANS DELAY GAME

not if everyone does it including women and children you prat but standing outside will never work

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
bhafc4eva said:

The idea isn't to get arrested for breaking the law. Pitch invasions are out of the question!

Legal, peaceful, and obvious.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We must keep off the pitch. Staying out and sitting in is the best plan of action and being peacable

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
bhafc4eva said:
not if everyone does it including women and children you prat but standing outside will never work

it doesn't matter how its done, it will get portrayed by the media as a BAD thing

how about a streaker?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
bhafc4eva said:
:tosser:
Everyone on the pitch. Come on, if we get EVEN women and children then it will be ok.???

1. marching is a great idea
2. we do need to do the boycott of the first 15 minutes in conjunction with the Police and the Wycombe, their stewards will need to know and be prepared for a rush at 3.15
3.And the media especially the Camera's must be there!!!
4. It is a tactic to take to other games as well

but it won't delay the kick off

LC???

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
So, when are we meeting, where are we meeting, who's making the flyers, who's giving out the flyers, are we taking banners and flags and stuff.

Is a march still on on Sunday too? Flyers really need to be given out in the town centre tomorrow for that to make sure as many people know about it as possible.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Look, 2000 people trying to all enter that ground at 3:15 means people arent going to get in till about 4pm, there is little chance of getting ANY coverage of the event except in the Div 2 section on the sports pullouts on sunday.

With so many people desperately wanting to get in in a short space of time I think there are serious safety issues, bad idea in my opinion, please re think.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
We have to make the press aware of what we are doing and why IN ADVANCE - we all know how they can portray things differently when they want to. We need to come out of this in the best possible light.
Anyone contacted any Wycombe fans yet to see if they will join us?

Albion Rob

I'm sorry, but I agree with Albion Dan.

The worst thing in the world would be if there were pictures done of an empty away end which were sent to Prescott with the note attahced: These tossers don't even need a stadium.

The sit in is a better idea, but even then if we are in there too late then I think the police may get heavy, it's not exactly as if we could still be there next Tuesday. What will the reports say? A loads of Brighton fans hung around for a bit and then left when asked.

I said to someone earlier that it is much easier to protest against something that to compaign for it, especially something as sensitive as Falmer.

I haven't got the answer and feel bad for criticising the suggestions already made, but I honestly don't think they will have the effect we are after :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why don't we remain in the ground afterwards ?

All sit down peascefully and don't move ?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The pitch is the only way you will get noticed as standing outside makes us look soft yet again,so its time to show how we feel and to make as much as an impact as possible.

Outside is an open little area with nothing around,so you won't get noticed etc as much as you think.
I no a lot of you want a plain sensible sit down etc protest,but to be honest it needs a lot lot more to get any coverage full stop.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here