Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the final protest decision

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
OK guys - lots of threads suggesting great ideas for protests, marches, sit ins etc etc.

Has a final decision been made on what we are going to do??

As quite a few of us will be at the quiz tomorrow night - would this be a good time to start SERIOUSLY deciding how we are going to fight this one??

We have fought bigger than this before and we will do it again - BHAFC forever

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What we need is an indication of the time we may have to get really well organised.

If JP is about to make his decision next week we need to act fast. If it's due at the end of the month we've got a bit more time to come up with something spectacular-and spectacular is what we need.

As I said elsewhere, we've been battling for a home longer than the troops in WW2 and we're still getting turned over by little jobsworths.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Agreed the quiz night is the ideal opportunity to draw up a plan of action and have the word out before people set off on the journey to Wycombe.

United we must stand

Brighton till I die...

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Yes - delayed ko is a great idea - we ALL need to be unified though - there is no point in just teh NSC'ers standing outside - perhaps we need a leaflet campaighn to hand out in pubs and outside the ground before hand??

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
y2dave said:
I liked the delayed KicK off idea to start with.

*smiles smugly*

Obviously whatever is finalised at the quiz night would need to be put on here. Seems to be coming together though. The important points are keeping it simple, peaceful, and getting loads of coverage.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
How will we exactly delay the k/o without looking like hoolies? FI we get a leaflet on here I can print up 500 to start.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Gary Nelson said:
How will we exactly delay the k/o without looking like hoolies? FI we get a leaflet on here I can print up 500 to start.

i think a sit down protest outside the away end till 3.15 then a sit in after.

cant get more peaceful than sitting down..

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
oh and an extra point i added elsewhere...

the outside protest will be possibly be MORE effectice without a delayed kick off. then it will get noticed that the away end is empty...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it could work.

What will be tricky is convincing other Albion fans to not go in...

"Please do not go in yet?"

"Why?"

"Because we are protesting about the Falmer news and want to get the game delayed."

"I don't get it, why will the game be delayed and what will it achieve?" - presents ticket and enters ground.

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
Raphael Meade said:
i think a sit down protest outside the away end till 3.15 then a sit in after.

cant get more peaceful than sitting down..

I think its an excellent idea - imagine the players coming out to a near empty away end and then 15 minutes in we all stream in

It might not delay the kick off but combined with leaflets it might make a small impact until we have more time to organise a mass statement

Spread the word everyone

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Knowing our f***ing luck we'll be 3 up in the first 10 minutes.
This would mean people being at the turnstiles for 1.30 at latest. This could work.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Have a picket line outside the ground

So people-what time do we start the picket?

Are we going to have a little march too?

May as well 'cos it's frigging impossible to get a beer within miles of Adams Park (small pubs, packed out and the usual three pensionable age bar staff unable to cope with more than 10 customers).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here