Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is Poyet playing at?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So on Saturday, he takes Murray off, who had scored and looked threatening, and replaced him with Hart, who hasn't scored in 4 years.

Today Holroyd plays instead. Murray is dropped, along with Dicker, in favour of Seb Carole, who has proven he isn't up to it enough times already.

He then ends up throwing on Dicker and Murray anyway in search of a goal.

Why the hell is he playing Carole on the LEFT?

Why the hell is he persisting with Dickinson?

Why has he signed 2 right backs, when we already have one?

What's he going to do about the Forster situation? Dropping your only other source of goals isn't going to solve anything.

I'm worried. Pretty football is all well and good, but results are the important thing at this stage of the season, and we aren't going to get them by dropping our two best players (Forster and Murray).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe he thought Murray needed a boot up the arse. When he came on he was fantastic, would he have played like that from the start? Who knows. I agree Carole was tosh on the wing, there is nothing to him except some flashy touches and skill. He can't cross a ball and he doesn't threaten in open play, whilst not taking set pieces either. So he added sod all to the side, as just about everyone knew he would. Atleast Cox can pick out a pass.

I agreed with him for playing 2 wingers and dropping one of Navarro or Dicker (he dropped the wrong one in my opinion, but unfortunately he's not as fond of Dicker as he is of Navarro), but then Crofts and Navarro were too deep, Crofts should have been pushing forward and leaving Navarro the space to do what he does well. They weren't an effective pairing with neither getting forward, and hopefully Gus will tell Crofts to get forward more on saturday.

On the plus side, the defence looked solid and is very settled now which is important.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Crofvarro didnt work at the beginning of the season and it wont work now.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Maybe he thought Murray needed a boot up the arse. When he came on he was fantastic, would he have played like that from the start? Who knows. I agree Carole was tosh on the wing, there is nothing to him except some flashy touches and skill. He can't cross a ball and he doesn't threaten in open play, whilst not taking set pieces either. So he added sod all to the side, as just about everyone knew he would. Atleast Cox can pick out a pass.

I agreed with him for playing 2 wingers and dropping one of Navarro or Dicker (he dropped the wrong one in my opinion, but unfortunately he's not as fond of Dicker as he is of Navarro), but then Crofts and Navarro were too deep, Crofts should have been pushing forward and leaving Navarro the space to do what he does well. They weren't an effective pairing with neither getting forward, and hopefully Gus will tell Crofts to get forward more on saturday.

On the plus side, the defence looked solid and is very settled now which is important.

Give a boot up the arse to a player who is SCORING goals and working harder than he has done in AGES? Behave.

Navarro plays deep - it's the decision to play Crofts deep when he too has been scoring that's BAFFLING.

We're not going to fire in the goals to keep us up if he can't manage the basics like that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As for the thread, Murray was probably dropped because he NEVER scores at home, more to the point... f*** me, your life must be really sad, after every game I see you on here moaning your arse off, don't you ever get bored of being a doom and gloom monger? pah, perhaps its just because you enjoy being a controversial figure on an internet message board, who knows.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So on Saturday, he takes Murray off, who had scored and looked threatening, and replaced him with Hart, who hasn't scored in 4 years.

Today Holroyd plays instead. Murray is dropped, along with Dicker, in favour of Seb Carole, who has proven he isn't up to it enough times already.

Sounds like a move straight out of The Wilkins Book Of Football Management whereby Jake Robinson scores a hat-trick and is promptly put on the bench for the next match. To keep his feet on the ground apparently :shrug:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Calderon is streets ahead of Whing. He's excellent, best thing Poyet's done.

Rubbish team selection tonight. Holroyd looked alright, perhaps needs to be a bit sharper in and more assertive on the ball but hopefully that will come as he adapts to the step up. Dickinson should be released, playing him instead of Murray is madness. No Dicker, no passing, as usual. And Carole over Cox, ridiculous.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Probably,Murrays glut of goals at home that caused him to be dropped. :)

He then ends up throwing on Dicker and Murray anyway in search of a goal.

Why the hell is he playing Carole on the LEFT?

Why the hell is he persisting with Dickinson?

What's he going to do about the Forster situation? Dropping your only other source of goals isn't going to solve anything.

I'm worried. Pretty football is all well and good, but results are the important thing at this stage of the season, and we aren't going to get them by dropping our two best players (Forster and Murray).

Did you end up going tonight? As you said in a previous thread that the cost was prohibitive.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When did that happen?

That time Jakey scored a hat-trick. Obviously. A Statto may well provide the exact details before THPP can be arsed digging out the sorry saga. But rest assured it did happen.

**** edit ****

...and even as we speak, word is coming in confirming that Jakey's hat-trick was against none other than... HUDDERSFIELD! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here