Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with fuckin Brighton fans?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That means that any other fan who shows the slightest signs of constructive criticism with one of the players is automatically slated for being not a good fan.

I am also surprised by exactly how little the majority of football fans actually know about football.

The worst characteristic of Brighton fans however is the dogmatic superfan idea and the way that so many believe somehow they are better fans either because they have a season ticket, have been watching the club for longer or are London Irish.

(I am not talking about On The Left Wing here, who I think is a legend).

Also the really sad sniping from many of the older posters on here is quite tragic.

Lets be fair, who really gives a flying f*** whether someone spells a word wrong or misses out some punctuation. I know I do not.

I just find it very sad that it seems a lot of the fans that used this site use it as a means of making themselves feel all important, witty and popular.

Rant over.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also on here it seems that:

- There are only certain people who are allowed to voice an oppinion on something. Anyone else tries it, they get shot down.
- If people ask something about Falmer that they dont know, they get ridiculed for not knowing it and treated as if they are somehow inferior fans because of this. That takes the piss.
- There are only certain posters who are allowed to post 'funny' posts and when they do EVERYONE has to laugh at them and heaven forbid anyone who points out that they are even unfunny or pointless.
- If certain people post information that has already been posted then they are slated. If someone else does it then the lynch mob conveniently forget its already on the board.

POINTING OUT SOMEONE HAS SPELT SOMETHING WRONG IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE UNFUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
f*** me Ritchie, take a chill pill son :ohmy: :wave:

Who cares if people disagree with what you, or anyone else has to say?

In the words of Michael Winner, "Its only the internet dear, calm down"

NSC has its cliques, so be it......personally I think some people on here only have NSC to see them through day to day because they have such poxy, dead beat jobs that allow them time to be on here for so long at a time

Don't moan about them Ritchie my boy, pity them

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Richie Morris said:
There are only certain people who are allowed to voice an oppinion on something. Anyone else tries it, they get shot down.

POINTING OUT SOMEONE HAS SPELT SOMETHING WRONG IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE UNFUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Be quiet.

BTW, there's only 1 "p" in opinion, Richie.

:jester: :lolol:
Lighten up a little, it's all in jest, maybe.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It doesn't sound very 'reflective' to me

As Dancing Ninja says, calm down Man.

NSC is a big f***-off cyber pub full of a load of people who are not really mates but who really enjoy the banter and general piss-taking that goes on in the real thing.

One thing I would say Richie, if you have pretentions towards a career in Journalism, you SHOULD give a flying f*** about punctuation and spelling - good habits and all that.

Just calm down and don't let it get to you.

But DON'T expect people to stop ripping in to you, or anyone else for that matter.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The way new posters get treated like kids as well is stupid.

So just because up until the time they join they have had better things to do then post on NSC they should be slated? No.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hiney said:
NSC is a big f***-off cyber pub full of a load of people who are not really mates but who really enjoy the banter and general piss-taking that goes on in the real thing.

or perhaps who never get invited to a real pub?

Hiney said:
One thing I would say Richie, if you have pretentions towards a career in Journalism, you SHOULD give a flying f*** about punctuation and spelling - good habits and all that.

Fair point BUT I do not tend to read back my posts before posting them or actually take that much time or effort to get everything exactly right because, and perhaps this is me being silly, I did not think it was that important on an internet message board.

Obviously when I am doing work etc I do take more care over typos and spellings.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why not take a week off Richie? A break could be the answer. Or just take it all as a joke, it's not as if this stuff is important is it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Fair point BUT I do not tend to read back my posts before posting them or actually take that much time or effort to get everything exactly right because, and perhaps this is me being silly, I did not think it was that important on an internet message board.

Obviously when I am doing work etc I do take more care over typos and spellings.

Deep Breath

Chill

Did someone pick you up on your spelling Riitchie? :lolol:

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Exactly Dougdeep. Its not like its important which is why is annoys me so much that people use NSC to feed their own egos.

Im not actually talking about people having a pop at me because that is something Im used to and its water off a ducks back. Just over the last few days I have seen new posters shot down, certain people slated for voicing and opinion and others wallowing in their own self congratulation.

I just think it is very very sad coming from grown adults who should know better.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Do you know what really fucks me off???

Loads of threads mostly about shit, and from what I can gather mostly attention seeking from people like Richie Morris! WTF is this thread all about? Get a life!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
voicing and opinion

I just think it is very very sad coming from grown journalists who should know better.

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here