Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What in your opinion constitues an Albion Legend?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Re: Re: What in your opinion constitutes an Albion Legend?

London Irish said:
What managers/chairmen would you add to those players?

Of the great managers we have been so fortunate to have at the club there is no bigger legend than Steve Gritt. Without that man's intervention in our club's history that is where we would have been confined to today, history.

For the same reason there is no bigger legend amongst the chairmen than our current one, Dick Knight.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: What in your opinion constitutes an Albion Legend?

nobody's dupe said:

For the same reason there is no bigger legend amongst the chairman than our current one, Dick Knight.

I would disagree, although DK runs MB close. Mike Bamber sorted out the funding to take us from the old Third Division and propel us into the top tier, who knows how much further he could have taken us if the money man Keith Wickenden not died in a plane crash. Not taking anything away from DK but Bamber gave me the best ever days following the Albion, by some margin.

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Just a thought, does it have to be someone with connections to the club? If not I nominate Mr Eric Cantona ,for his sweet volley of the palace scum at selhurst

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Cullip still lifted the 2nd div trophy alongside Paul Rogers as both had skippered the side during that season. On the other point BG claimed that Cullip was on the transfer list for 2 years not over the span of two seasons, they are entirly different things.

You are being pedantic. In football terms a season represents a year although it covers 2 years in dates e.g.2005/06 season so if a player went on the list in November of 1 season and came off of it in January the following season he would have been on it for 3 numerical years.

That doesnt alter my view that in the contexts of true legends Cullip has no right to be included because the word is used too freely nowadays fopr players who may have performed well for a short period of time as per Bobby Zamora but who I believe has more ofa claim to be a legend than any other player during that period simply for what he achieved for us as a goalscorer.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here