Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if palace were in plymouth argyles position.........

if palae were in argyles position would you support their fans united???

• Yes..all for 1, 1 for all....

Votes: 190 84.4%
  • bollox let em go under into extinction...

Votes: 35 15.6%

• Total voters

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
why?? its their opinion, let them be.....probably because they have only 1 opinion of palace. each to their own. see you at plymouth then???? for fans reunited?

I doubt it, i have a number of things on that weekend, but il be making other events.

Why am i bothered as its pretty moronic to want any club to go under

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
This is only a moral dilemma for the type of halfwit that starts stupid threads like this.

why is this a stupid thread muggy??? interesting to see who's a real fan and who are plastic fans, real fans stand side by side and support when in need....what a prick you are....so you voted for them to go into extinction?? oh i see....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It would depend on the circumstances, to be honest.

From what we've read and seen, Plymouth really are in the process of being royally f***ed over. They didn't spend outrageously to get themselves into this mess, and they did the decent thing by selling off all their good players to TRY to pay the bills. For this they have my sympathies, and thus I'm IN on the Save Plymouth bandwagon.

If another club (not because its Palace, or Pompey, it could equally be Leicester, for example) gets themselves into a financial meltdown though ridiculous spending, and screws the taxpayer and the local businesses MORE than once, then sorry, but my sympathies have run out. Would I support their pheonix club completely? Of course. Would I help to prop up the same old mess, within a stupid system that protects those who financially cheat their way to a higher status than they deserve. Probably not.

Last edited:

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Agree with most of the above and regardless of how they got themselves into that position I wouldn't want any club to go under, after all, it's hardly the fan's fault is it? I especially wouldn't want Palace to go under because of the rivalry. I remember being at the Fan's United game in the North Stand and seeing 1 guy in a Palace shirt who was getting a bit of stick but fair play to him, he was there!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
why is this a stupid thread muggy??? interesting to see who's a real fan and who are plastic fans, real fans stand side by side and support when in need....what a prick you are....so you voted for them to go into extinction?? oh i see....

Watching you leap up and down attempting to punch me in the kneecap is quite hilarious shrimp. It may well be "Interesting" to some to see who eats dog turds for breakfast but its another thing starting a poll about it short stuff.

The only this I see from you is 185 posts of drivel by a 3ft gurning Gaygot, watching you try to post something intelligent is like watching someone with 2 clubbed feet and wearing clogs attempt to tap dance, dork. Do yourself and everyone a favour and change your password with your eyes shut Shirley.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The only thing worse than your rivals would be your rivals not existing. Of course I'd want Palace to survive.

But as hans kraay fan club says, if Portsmouth, for example, overspent again, and their fans sat on their hands, asked no questions and raised no objection until it was too late, as they did before (although many of them knew the club were routinely failing to pay even the smallest bills) then it would be very hard to feel much sympathy.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Read a nice article in the paper today about Plymouth and how they were offering contracts of £7.5k a week to players last season, any team who signs players to contracts the clubs can't afford and then go into administration to weasel out of their debts are cheating.

No other way to describe, Leicester did it and now look at them, Palace have done it twice, Pompey did and bought the FA Cup that way so why should cheats prosper whilst teams around them play by the rules ?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Read a nice article in the paper today about Plymouth and how they were offering contracts of £7.5k a week to players last season, any team who signs players to contracts the clubs can't afford and then go into administration to weasel out of their debts are cheating.

No other way to describe, Leicester did it and now look at them, Palace have done it twice, Pompey did and bought the FA Cup that way so why should cheats prosper whilst teams around them play by the rules ?

You're believing what's published in the Mail?

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Ernest, what you have written is correct, but you have left out what is trying to be achieved.

It's not to help the Club per se but the fans, genuine people just like you and I who pay their money week after week to support their team. They didn't cheat, they are being cheated out of their passion.

A rather idealistic view maybe but one I believe in after seeing it first hand, as did you.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernest, what you have written is correct, but you have left out what is trying to be achieved.

It's not to help the Club per se but the fans, genuine people just like you and I who pay their money week after week to support their team. They didn't cheat, they are being cheated out of their passion.

A rather idealistic view maybe but one I believe in after seeing it first hand, as did you.

It's the same old story, didn't see Pompey or Plymouth fans singing 'Sack the board' when they were winning things

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
It would depend on the circumstances, to be honest.

From what we've read and seen, Plymouth really are in the process of being royally f***ed over. They didn't spend outrageously to get themselves into this mess, and they did the decent thing by selling off all their good players to TRY to pay the bills. For this they have my sympathies, and thus I'm IN on the Save Plymouth bandwagon.

If another club (not because its Palace, or Pompey, it could equally be Leicester, for example) gets themselves into a financial meltdown though ridiculous spending, and screws the taxpayer and the local businesses MORE than once, then sorry, but my sympathies have run out. Would I support their pheonix club completely? Of course. Would I help to prop up the same old mess, within a stupid system that protects those who financially cheat their way to a higher status than they deserve. Probably not.

This. If anyone spends beyond their means then they deserve all they get. If i could no longer pay my mortgage my house would be taken from me. Same should apply with football clubs who cant pay their bills. Palace f***ed over just about everyone, why would you want to save them? Let them rot in their rat infested caravan site.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This. If anyone spends beyond their means then they deserve all they get. If i could no longer pay my mortgage my house would be taken from me. Same should apply with football clubs who cant pay their bills. Palace f***ed over just about everyone, why would you want to save them? Let them rot in their rat infested caravan site.

Exactly, well said

It's the same old story, didn't see Pompey or Plymouth fans singing 'Sack the board' when they were winning things

Can't actualy remember Plymouth winning anything.

But I do see your point, fans are very blinkered when things on the pitch are going well.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They are a lot of creditors left high and dry by Palace's wreckless finance. Extinction would be a bit harsh on them, relegation to league +20 pt deduction would be about right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here