Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What (if anything) will you miss about Withdean?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The folk around me. We all seem to be going our seperate ways although we all wanted to stay together but the ST + 3 malarky put an end to that and the view fron South Stand block G. Doubt if it will be bettered in the Amex as my new seat will be much lower in WSL.
However onwards we go. I'm sure the Amex will be great even if I still get wet when it rains.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
the lulz of highly paid opposition Premiership/former Premiership players having to get changed in a portacabin
Therein lies the rub. It remains to be seen how much of an advantage this provides when compared to the luxury being offered to opponents at Falmers. Artificial grass indoor warmup areas for the away team I hear? Don't underestimate the "it doesn't feel like home yet" syndrome. I expect facilities are not great for either team at the Withdean, but Brighton players are used to it. At Falmers it will take a while for the venue to feel any different for the home or the away team (support aside of course).

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
the man at south stand entrance selling programmes, he is there every game

he yells
Programmeeeessss!!!!

in a bizarre way, anybody know what im talking about? hes prob about 65

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The chap standing at the end of Shepherds Croft, listening to something cleansing on his ipod, whilst vehemently scowling at cars going past and protecting his little urban utopia.

Standing on the running track before the match starts and watching the warm ups.

Sunshine and being out in the open (start and end of season!).

Five minute wander from my folks' house.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The signs at the end of the muddy path saying "No Access to Withdean Stadium" which get completely ignored.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
laughing at the away fans for being so far away :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The folk around me. We all seem to be going our seperate ways although we all wanted to stay together but the ST + 3 malarky put an end to that and the view fron South Stand block G. Doubt if it will be bettered in the Amex as my new seat will be much lower in WSL.
However onwards we go. I'm sure the Amex will be great even if I still get wet when it rains.

Surely the +3 malarky should've helped you sit together, not hindered?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The chap standing at the end of Shepherds Croft, listening to something cleansing on his ipod, whilst vehemently scouling at cars going past and protecting his little urban utopia.

Colin :thumbsup:

He is my folks' next-door-but one neighbour. Him one side, and Catt the other :lol:

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
It's not about the facilities it's about the people, and I'm going to miss meeting them twenty times a season. When I'm passing on the train I'll always look for the old place and remember the people I've met there.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The chap standing at the end of Shepherds Croft, listening to something cleansing on his ipod, whilst vehemently scowling at cars going past and protecting his little urban utopia.

What a pathetic, sad little man "Colin" must be! Probably only does it to fill up his sad little retirement. What will he do for an hour every other Saturday now? Presumably do the same for Cuttress around the pond at Falmer! (And no I have never attempted to park in his road. Just find it very, very sad!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here