Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What (if anything) will you miss about Withdean?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
The Swindon game when we were on the running track about to leave until Virgo stepped up. Watson putting crosses on a sixpence for Robert Lester Zamora to bang home, seeing 2 title wins, beating Man City.

Won't miss; shitty south stand, no roof, rare occasions with atmosphere.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
I think I will pretty much miss everything that has been mentioned.

But from my own point of view every season but 1 has been spent behind the dugouts, I will miss this closeness after moving to the West Upper at the Amex.

The banter with the away bench and the times in the past when the police have had to draw sticks when this has gone to far ! Mark Mcghee kicking things over and more recently Gus hisding from penalties and sitting on the stretcher when getting frustrated.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The 15 minute walk from my house to the ground. I think I'll just generally miss it as I have grown up going to it and some good memories have come from there.

the people I sit around...really good bunch.

meeting up with people at half time ( most people I know are going in the west stand)

Biscuits ( waitrose no less) provided by the lovelly Roz

possibly the family/community nature of the club - this seems to have eroded somewhat.

The latter will be available for those who arrive early to the new pad, and grab a coffee and/or grub before a match. The social aspect will be the chats and reminiscences, praise of the burgers prawn baguettes tvs and general pregame ambience, while discussing whether Iniesto and Kaka are going to repay their transfer fees today and should we bother with Ronaldo or bring Gareth Barry back.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Will actually miss Withdean because my for my son who is now 15 it is the ground he has grown up with, and despite it being a poor excuse for a football ground, we have had a relatively successful time, and he has grown up an Albion fan through and through despite the home surroundings.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's a lovely place on a fine day towards the start or end of a season.

I think the toilets are better than at most grounds and I love the fact that we sell ice cream and even on the coldest, wettest, mid winter night you'll still see somebody buying it.

I bet we are the only ground to sell ice cream and I really hope it's available at falmer too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here