Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what happened to the love of your life...

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Im still with her. Try and see her the saturdays that I dont work. I saw her last saturday, had to travel all the way down to Plymouth though. Like most great loves, she is expensive, normally £22 to see her in Brighton.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Good thread , incredibly a Brighton girl that i met last night in Leicester Sq for a drink, for the first time in a year.

A little uncomfortable until she spilt red wine down my shirt, and blamed me !.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I have met people that I thought were the love of my life...

until now when I have realised they were all just stepping stones.... not to put them down but they aren't a spot on what I have now - and I'm not letting go :blush: :cool:

1st love of my life cheated on me after 6 years, a month before we were to marry. :shootself

Next one, sometimes looks at this board, she know's who she is. But she never gave me that 2nd chance, she may regret it now!!
:clap2:

Now, the love of my life, who I am with now, I am too marry next year. :clap: :bounce: :drink:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I fall in love far too easy :(

No.1 met at thirteen and virtually grew up together. She lived across the road from me in shoreham. I was infatuated by her but it never really developed beyond that. I knew it wasn't going anywhere when we went skating (we were 16 then) and there was a guy she fancied and she asked me to say I was her cousin if he spoke to us. My first experience of heartbreak and playing in the background was an Eagles song about somebody's gonna hurt someone. The feelings come back everytime I hear it.
We briefly got in touch via friends reunited and we had lunch etc. It was all very tricky and I wasn't sure where it was going and luckily she buggered off to America before we did something we might regret :cry:

2: I met at a conference 3 years ago. We met at the same conference three years running and have become good mates and mail and text all the time. We always made sure we had the same hotel. Last time we did the slowies at the end of the evening after the gala dinner thing on the last night and ended up getting a bit touchy feely, we then went back to her room for coffee and drank coffee. I left feeling good but couldn't help thinking I had missed an opportunity. Part of me wanted to go further but the other part didn't want to ruin a friendship that had developed. Ultimately I felt good because I am married and have never been unfaithful, (although, obviously I have never told my wife about this), because it is not worth chucking a marriage away over a bit of a fling. Anyway I'm in Ireland now so no more conferences but we still mail each other regularly. I see it as a friendship preserved rather than a missed opportunity.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So your wife isn't the love of your life then munster? ???

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i just hope your wife doesnt read that and it cause any tension because i'd feel responsible as i started the thread!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yes of course, but I believe a marriage goes through different stages for both partners especially when you marry very young. The love now is a different kind of love at 21 when we married.

As I said, I tend to 'fall in love' quite easily. I know it's not love but it feels like it at the time. No.2 above is as far as I have gone in 17 years of marriage and, although not proud of it, I am pleased I didn't get tempted into doing anything worse.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i guess considering i started this thread that i better do mine(being 15, its hard to really say its a true love or whatever, but anyway..)

last july, just before the end of school, 2 days even, i met this girl,and we just hit it off, we just talked for virtually the entire 2 days and i ended up following her around like a lovesick puppy. anyway, i went away the day school finished so i spent my entire holiday thinking of her. it wasnt that easy for me to get in contact with her, especially considering i was good friends with her brother, who i'm sure would be very overprotective. anyway, spent the entire summer thinking about her, but didnt manage to get into contact with her. went back to school, i didnt really have the guts to admit to her i did because i never thought in a million years she'd like me aswell, anyway, eventually she found out, and it turned out she felt the same way(by then it was november..lol) so after 4 months of waiting I finally got my girl. I'd fallen for her completely, I mean, just seeing her smile at me in the corridor inbetween lessons was enough to keep me happy for the rest of the day. but in may this year i found out she cheated on me, so i ended it:(
she wants me back, i know its a dumb thing to go back to someone that hurt you, but its almost like i can resist her

i decided not to mention the female version of paul kitson because if she read it she'd probably injure herself trying to type a reply

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
No. 1. An extremely outgoing redhead who moved here from South Africa (there are loads of South Africans in Perth). I never really bothered to make a move on her, but she was extremely confident for a bird and pursued me instead. Being lazy and used to doing all the hard work in the dating game, I was taken aback and accepted the offer. It was a smooth ride for a while, she was very socially adept and knew how to please a man. It seemed too good to be true...and eventually it was. She was young and fickle and went off me. Was gutted for a while, but moved on. We broke up two years ago, and I haven't seen her since. I now don't like the bitch.

No. 2 was initally a rebound from No. 1 as I only started seeing her two weeks after No. 1 dumped me to make No. 1 jealous. But she turned out to be a real pleaser. Very attractive, she was Eurasian and had a nice athletic body. Unfortunately she wasn't the most balanced of individuals. Her folks were divorced and for some reason this f***ed her up. She has some family problems and is the type of person who would rather run away from her problems than try to solve them. She speaks French so she pissed off to France and loved it there. Then she came back and we got back together, before she dropped me with no explanation. Now she's planning to go back to France with view of a long term stay.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The problem with love and infatuation is that they both feel the same at first.

I really thought my first husband was the love of my life. I was married for 21 years and he ran off with a younger woman.

Three years later I met Ned and fell in love again (something I didn't think was ever possible) and far from decreasing it grows stronger and stronger

I can see you all reaching for the paper bags :lol: :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I married her!!!

Happiest man around

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Loads of the usual one night stands in my late teens. met a girl who I thought was the one but she went a bit mental when her parents got killed.

Moved away from home (Bognor) and met a girl in Petersfield and we married in 1984 - she left me in 1987 for a policeman.

Immediately met someone else and we married in 1988 but that started going tits up when she fell ill with MS. We finally split in 1993 when it got too much for me and I got fed up with her family trying to run my life.

I then met the current Mrs Hiney who I can say with no question is the love of my life. We have been blissfully happy for nearly 10 years and married for 8. My son from my second marriage lives with us, as does Justine's daughter from her first marriage. After having a vasectomy reversal in 2000 we now have 2 more children who are fantastic.

It might take you a few goes and a fair amount of grief (and monetary pain!) but sooner or later the love of your life will turn up.

I thank you

:)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Its just went wrong... Simple... lol

We split up a couple of months ago after 3 years, things just started to fizzle out, we are still very good friends though despite the fact she is a Palace season ticket holder... Booooo!!!

:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I never made a move despite being madly in love with her, thought she was out of my league. She married someone else who then walked out on her after having two kids. By that stage I was/is married with two of my own. She then told me she loved me so I left the wife for her, but she could not handle that so asked me to return for the sake of the kids. Now live in the twilight zone

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
1st love at 19-23 fu-ked my head up and lost a kid and then stayed single for nearly 6 years bitch and then i continued to hurt girls through the years as so cold and distant and at last 4 months ago i broke down and all the emotions and pain came out thank god as its been so long waiting and now feel fresh and new and have emotions yeah hoooooooo.

She got married and had a kid a year after mmmmmm,but now i just look back and laugh at the bitch.

5 funerals and all sorts and finally shed tears after a decade grrrrrrrr.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here