Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What films have made you cry?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
UP is a brilliant suggestion on that thread. Just when you're settling in to what you think is a nice family pixar film, they hit with you with a wave of emotion.

I dont know of any other film that within just ten minutes can create such emotion.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Green Mile and Marley and me. I watched it on the plane back from SA after the world cup and couldn't watch the last half hour at fear of balling my eyes out in public. Saw it was on sky the next day when I got home and thought I could cope watching just the last half hour....I was somewhat wrong.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Titanic. Even worse, whenever I hear that bloody theme music that's it, out come the waterworks.
The wife thinks it's nice that I show my human side......

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Love actually always gets me!

I cry at anything me - I'm hopeless but I can't help it - I can cry at Disney films!!! As for programmes like children in need and challenge Annika when she did the Romanian orphanage one I was in bits for hours!!!!

About a boy - gets me every time, as does my best friends wedding and notting hill - I am a wuss !!!!!!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A Beautiful Mind, esp near the end, makes one well up a little....

I've watched that film three times and it really annoys me because it portrays people with schizophrenia as having no personality and just being plain paranoid, odd and socially inept.

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Girlfriend rented one day, that got me and she fell asleep so I could let it out, then I cried with happiness as when she falls asleep on a Saturday night football goes on lol!

Oh also I hate the bit in toy story 2 where Jessie sings because the little girl leaves her, that's only got me as I've got older lol!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I've watched that film three times and it really annoys me because it portrays people with schizophrenia as having no personality and just being plain paranoid, odd and socially inept.

I have never really thought about it in that way but you do have a point.

And I have never cried at a film. But a few have put a tear in my eye.

I am legend - when the dog dies.
The boy in the striped pijamas.
Green Street - Now that is slightly weird. But when that bloke died at the end a tear came to my eye. It is especially strange as I really do not like West Ham.

That is all I can think of at the moment.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Hotel Rwanda - when River Phoenix gets on the coach and says "I'm so ashamed" choked me ever so slightly

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'll kick things off with Click. Yes, I know it's an average Adam Sandler film that's only moderately funny at best. But the bit with his Grandad (you'll know it if you've seen it) had me crying like a baby.
When I was a kid I cried at the end of two films:

E.T.
The Snowman

I have never lived down the latter.

As an adult the closest I have come to crying is probably Schindler's List

These 2 and Green Mile.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
The Green Mile is the only film that has actually made me cry... maybe others did when I was a young kid but I don't remember.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
These 2 and Green Mile.

These three, forrest gump and ....thinking back......Friday the 13th when i was 5 sneaking out of my room to watch it top of the stairs through the bannisters round my cousins house. Gave me Frickin nightmares for years that did, especially as I slept in a bunk bed. And I remember bawling at Ben, some sort of rat film with michael jackson song in it . Edit. just looked up Ben rat film....1970's horror film...makes me think i watched a lot of 18 films as a youngster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here