Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What famous celebrities have you seen in the real world?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
is anybody gonna trump Robert Plant???

Certainly on a par with Mr Plant: Jimmy Page walked in and sat at the next table at Bill's in Lewes........

Plus some other misc meetings/sightings:
The late great James Hunt.....
David Beckham
Mrs. T.
Lord Dickie ('Darling Luvvie') Attenborough,
Jamiroquai
Alan Shearer (twice - on different flights)
One of the hostages from the Iranian Embassy seige
Chris 'Hunter' - author

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Many year's ago when doing work experience at the Lawn Tennis museum at wimbledon (cold wet January) I meet former British women's number 1 Jo Durie. Working in food retail in I quite often bumped into Jimmy Hill (always stocking up on gin for his mum in law apparently), Gwyneth Powell (Mrs McClusky in Grange Hill), Sally Gunnell, Katie Price, Pete Andre, Mariella Frostrup and several ex and current BHA players.

Also met the lovely Gillian Andersonand David Duchovny of X files fame at a party in Lindfield thrown by film director Nick Broomfield.

Sat behind Nick Hancock on my flight back from amsterdam during Euro 2000

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Stayed in Don Massons B and B in Nottingham .Working on a building renovation in Sackville St piccadilly [Glen Cockrill was Labouring for us]when we were told the buyer was coming to look at the building so we had to stop work .In came Tony Blair who offered handshakes all round,i have to admit i refused and walked away .

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Saw him at Lewes Council Offices at a driver training course after his crash on the seafront.
He was dressed like he was about to go on stage-----:cool:
I was there pleading to get my daughter into Priory School :dunce:

Think he wrote about doing a driver awareness course on his latest (excellent) album actually, along with other awareness courses.

The man is indeed very cool, and I think more so the more he ages, weirdly.

Hope you got your daughter into Priory.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I think I can actually.....I once shook a glove with Her Majesty's hand situated within. Well it wasn't much of a shake as I remember.

If that was me dressed up at Notts County in 2011, it doesn't count.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've seen too many to mention, but I've been in the TV industry all my working career - albeit in techinical / engineering jobs.

Outside of that:

Sat in John Peels Kitchen eating a bowl of his homemade soup one afternoon, followed by a tour of his record collection.

John Hesletine's car once took me out in Whitehall.

Bumped into (literally) Paul Simon on the Strand as he was coming out of the Savoy. He apologised.

A very well known senior MP lives a few doors down. Not mentioning them, only because it gives my address away.

And I've filled Roger Daltrey's car up with petrol so many times I lost count.

Also filled up Norman's before his Albion involvement.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You win! Did you see them perform?
Yes,they sang songs like 'Aint she sweet'...

Carol.
Sweet lil'Sixteen.
Milk Cow Blues.
Move Over.
Blue Suede Shoes.
Honey Don't.
Lend me your Comb.
Up the Lazy River.
Be Bop A Lula.
Whole lotta Shakin' going on.

John told me they were leaving Hamburg to go back to 'Pool 'hoping to find a manager who could push them into the big time.

Good on them,they made it...well just?...the next time I heard them I was in Malta...everybody raving about them.

Me,guess I'm just a glory hunter....

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Whilst Fishing at East Preston have seen John Inverdale and was down the beach along Kingston Gorse met and spoke to Doctor Fox for about five minutes

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:bowdown:Met John Lennon and bought him a pint in Hamburg...Indra club (something like that...down the Reeperbahn) and Paul McCartney,( nice guy)George Harrison,Stuart Sutcliffe...early 1960.
Tom Jones at one of his first live shows in London.
The future Princess Diana at the opening of a Jamboree fair in Northamptonshire.
The orginal Platters in Worthing...had a rum cocktail with them backstage.
Shirley Bassey :)bowdown::bowdown:) at the Brighton centre.
Several sports stars...
But the highlight.....Basil Brush....WOW!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You saw Tom Jones in London?
It's not unusual. :p

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here