Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What famous celebrities have you seen in the real world?

My mum once shared an NHS hospital room with the mother of William Roache / Ken Barlow. Visiting times gave me an interesting opportunity to see something of the famous actor that I expect some of his fans would have been fairly shocked at - the efforts that he and his wife were putting into persuading the old lady that she would be better off in a nursing home, rather than continuing to live at home with her son and daughter-in-law. She really felt pressurised and confided in my mother how unhappy she was about what was going on. But she was very proud of what her son had achieved.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Forgot. I dined with Prince Philip (and about 500 others) in a huge marquee. Also saw him at Stanmer horse trials.
Saw The Queen at Brighton Station
I was first on an easyJet flight, when who should come striding up to the loo, but Stelios himself. Nice bloke.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Spoke to Alvin Stardust (ask your Mum or Dad) in Halfords in Rustington.
Was almost run into by Tiff Needell roadtesting for Top Gear (TG I think) when I was cycling on the road behind Telscombe Village.
Shared an elevator with Nicholas Witchell somewhere around Canary Wharf way.
Saw Danny Baker in Sainsburys in Greenwich.
Met Brian Clough in WHSmith in Churchill Square, book signing.
Michael Heseltine at Sheffield Park.
Met Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton who visited the Youth Club I used to go to in Lippstadt Germany. 1977 I think.
Lightning and Cobra (Gladiators) when 2 of my kids were doing modelling work.
Paul Jewell at Gatwick.
Mick (The Munch) Skinner in a pub in Twickenham.
Mark Williams turning left on to the sea front at the bottom of West Street.
Paul Nicholls shopping in Bury St Edmunds town centre.
Steven Berkoff roller blading along the sea front below Dukes Mound.
All the usual Brighton suspects.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Bradley Walsh, Samir Gadhi (sp) who plays Maria on Coronation Street; Julian Clary and Annabel Giles in Lower Ground, SE1. They were recording a celebrity version of The Chase.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Loads through work, including several prem football managers/players (London based, primarily), Joan Collins (yes, still fit, but daughter was fitter), Gloria Estefan (in Miami).....oddest encounter was with my dad after a fishing club meeting in a pub in Exeter many years ago, popped into the bar for a drink after, only two people there were Viv Richards and Joel Garner. As a Somerset season ticket holder at the time this was awesome........

Harry Judd is a nice bloke (met through charity running London Marathon), plus his Mrs and the other girls in that classical group whose name I've forgotten.

Exeter is a weird place..I met Jimmy Case and his wife in Tescos in Exeter..

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
What an eclectic mix. I love the fact you've got Arthur Mullard at number 1 ahead of Suzanne Shaw and Malcolm. mclaren. Then got Prince Charles sandwiched in between Hugo from the vicar of Dibley and Chris Eubank :)
I think the order of that list had something to do with the alcohol I had consumed earlier. In the evening :drink::drink:
Forgot to add, Barbara Dickson, Robert Wyatt & Patrick Mower. All live locally.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I am good friends with Ricky Gervais and have known him for over twenty years.
I have met in person Lionel Blair, Harry Enfield, Robert De Niro, Matt Lucas, Emma Chambers (Alice Tinker from Vicar of Dibley) Tom Baker, The whole Oasis Band, PWEI, The big gay guy from Benidorm, Ken Livingstone, Harry Redknapp, Ian Wright, John Hartson, George Best, Barry Hearne, Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Johnny Vaughn, Denise Van Outen, David Tennant. Ray Brooks, Ross Kemp,
Have pictures with most of them will post a few up here soon.
There's a lot more I can't be arsed to write.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here