Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do we think about Southampton?

Lush

Mods' Pet
My hatred doesn't seem to have diminished with Pardew moving on - and they had a good result against Huddersfield today. I see Harding is back in the fold too. Here's the Adkins quote ...

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins told BBC Radio Solent:
"It was a good victory for everybody, a great atmosphere to be in and the statement is out there - we want to do well and keep building on what we've done.

"Our intention is to win the division, it's as simple as that.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Adkins is almost as detestable as Pardew. Saints clearly think they've got a god given right to win the league. How I'd love them to come unstuck again this year. So arrogant it's almost unreal.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If we match Southamptons results for the rest of the season, we'll finish above them and there's nothing they can do about it...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I dont think Adkins is being arrogant, personally.
I think all will agree that they should have walked this league, given the money they've spent and the wages there earning. Apparently Fonte is on over 10k a week. Nowhere does it say that they deserve to win the league, just that its their aim, which is fair enough really given the squad.

They're still all c*nts though, and i'd love to beat them to the title.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think Southampton are c*nts for the way they have done business and are trying to buy the title, Adkins is a very small fish who so far can't string more than a few results together. The league and our position in it are very much in our own hands. So long as we get promotion one way or another this season I'm not overly bothered about the stains but if we could finish above them that would be as welcome as palarse getting relegated

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I generally don't like them because the Southampton fans at school are all extremely annoying and arrogant. I mean, seriously, they piss me off more than any other set of fans, as are always going on about how shit Brighton are! Christ, look at the table and the results between us the past two season :angry:

Sorry, but at least I made a tenner out of their arrogance: "I bet Southampton will be top by Christmas!" This bet was made whilst we were 8 points clear...Not complaining about that :laugh:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Think they're nothing special, They play average football & between Lambert, Hammond & Jaidi they have three players collectively heavier than our whole squad.

Most of their fans are deluded morons who suck their own cocks or are utterly dumb.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
TO be honest I spent 90 minutes at St Mary's calling them Hampshire inbreds and then wondering why I had bothered. A good ground to go to, with a passionate bunch of supporters and no hostility. Certainly big rivals this season as are Charlton, but I really can't find much to detest them for. With the exception of their unfailingly self-belief that they will win the league, of course. It would be marvellous to shove that back down their throats at the end of the season.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Just looked at the table, and it appears that Saints have played 12 home games and 8 away games - therefore they have a lot more away games to play yet, and their away record isnt great at all...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
They spend the most, and so have got the best strikers, and so should be walking the League. But thankfully football does not always work like that.

Arrogant ? They have the most money and it is difficult to be humble and be confident. But their managers don't even seem to try.

Wankers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The only thing I've got in common with my Pompey supporting brother in law is my intense dislike of Southampton. Complete wankers the lot of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here