Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do we do if Knight won't sack Adams ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My work life and private life are seperate things. I have no intention of doing anything like that on my radio show, but I am allowed my own opinion.

I am not knocking you or your radio show but would have expected that being in the public eye you would have been less vociferous in your condemnation of another public figure and any shortcomings that they may have.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
but would have expected that being in the public eye you would have been less vociferous in your condemnation of another public figure and any shortcomings that they may have.

I don't see why? :shrug:

I present a completely unbiased version of events on my radio show, and that's because we are not in any way a 'Sports' station. If I were to be given the license to talk about football at length on air, then trust me I would say the same things as I do on here.

But the point still stands, that my work life and private life are completely seperate things. If I am being challenged on what I can or can't say on here in my private time, then the world has gone stir crazy!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Well you spineless, gutless, spoiled shower of shite, tomorrow night whether we have won at Swindon or lost most of you will be celebrating. Ernest you big girl's blouse you had better start another inspired thread to see who you want as Adam's replacement. Humbug to the lot of you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's a good argument, and I'm not going to say you're wrong. But I would say, looking at the other side of the coin, that if you've invested so much time, money, and travelling in getting to an away game then aren't you MORE likely to demand better football and results? So, when the team is shit and loses, are you not going to then show your disgust MORE?

I don't know. I guess it's different for every individual. I have more expectation when we play at home which is why I boo us off when we're dreadful, but then I spend a lot more money and time getting to away games so I could justifiably be more pissed off then.

Anyway, what we do agree on is that the booing at Withdean won't get rid of any manager as it happens every week. It'll be interesting to see what happens at the final whistle of our defeat to Swindon.

Yeah, I guess it depends on the individual, those that are more determined to make the best of it, will be sure t have a good time, those that want value for money will be more inclined to boo.

Perhaps over time, all those that want value for money have stopped looking to brighton away games for it...

Well you spineless, gutless, spoiled shower of shite, tomorrow night whether we have won at Swindon or lost most of you will be celebrating. Ernest you big girl's blouse you had better start another inspired thread to see who you want as Adam's replacement. Humbug to the lot of you.

Don't be too harsh on him-a ticket inspector's lot lot is not an easy one! It requires great intellect to ask some hobo if they've paid for their trip from Worthing to Littlehampton.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I think some people have forgotten how Adams actually got the job and how him and Dick Knight shafted Dean Wilkins.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Can I put in an early request for Steve Cotterill?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think some people have forgotten how Adams actually got the job and how him and Dick Knight shafted Dean Wilkins.

Exactly the issue at hand here, why was Wilkins removed for finishing 7th last season ?

At least if there is a reason and we are told it would be easier to accept.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Are you serious?

I know we've often disagreed, but one thing I am sure on is that you're one of the few on here who DOES know things.

If he's really going then I think it's a great shame and I fully agree with you on this. A lot of people are spineless and gutless because they've hounded Micky on here from the day he got the job but wouldn't say a word to his face.
Who has hounded him? How can you hound him on here when he's not on here?

I wish people would get over this shit about NSC being this or that, it's a messageboard where people post their opinions about the Albion. It doesn't create the mood of the fans, it reflects the mood (of some). If Adams goes it will be because he is taking us down and it is down to him, not the fans, not NSC, not Dick Knight.

Personally I can't say I'll be celebrating if he goes tomorrow, but I will be f***ing relieved.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I will also be relieved at the outcome though with a massive tinge of sadness.
Something has to give though and the clubs future should always be before any individual.
Relegation is not an option.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
The only way to get to Dick now is not to renew season tickets - the only way you can get to a person like him is through the pocket - i for one will not be renewing next season - to pay all that money to sit in the north stand and watch the shit he has served up is wrong

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Why are some people blaming the fans ? It's halfway through the season and we have won 4 league matches , this is a team that finished 7th last season with a manager that the team supposedly hated.
The way Knight and Adams treated Wilkins was shabby at the least, already discussing his job whilst he was still manager so is it any wonder that people are criticising them and what has happened ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Why are some people blaming the fans ? It's halfway through the season and we have won 4 league matches , this is a team that finished 7th last season with a manager that the team supposedly hated.
The way Knight and Adams treated Wilkins was shabby at the least, already discussing his job whilst he was still manager so is it any wonder that people are criticising them and what has happened ?

Spot on Ernest. :clap:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Yep, they made a rod for their own backs.

I was very angry at the way Wilkins was treated but at the same time optomistic in Adams appointment.

If things went badly supportters were allways going to question what went on in the summer and these questions will not go away whilst we are anywhere near the bottom third of the table.

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
If this losing run continues,and unfortunately there is no sign of a run of form to improve things , and Limp Dick stubbornly refuses to sack Adams what are we as mere supporters able to do ?
A few years ago the likes of Harty and Attilla waged many a campaign against managers with a better record than Thicky Micky but of course now they've taken the clubs shilling (especially Harty with his bizarre Micky can do no wrong statements) there is no chance of them voicing disproval of Dick and co so is time to get round the car park and let Knight know what we think of his refusal to get rid of Adams.
Or worse still are people just going to silently let Limp Dick get on with it and simply not bother going to watch the team anymore ?
It's time to let Knight and Adams know enough is enough and we are not taking this shit anymore.

What is it about your own life that makes you so offensive about other people?

DK and MA have done more for this club than you ever have or ever will. You clearly couldn't run a whelk stall let alone a football club yet you continually disparage honest and decent people who are doing their best for the club.

Whether you agree with the direction that DK has taken the club (Falmer etc) or not, there's no excuse for childish abuse. All it does is reflect badly on you.

I'm sure there's a decent person inside you struggling to get out so treat others with more respect and I'm sure you'll get some respect back in return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here