Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do we do if Knight won't sack Adams ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If this losing run continues,and unfortunately there is no sign of a run of form to improve things , and Limp Dick stubbornly refuses to sack Adams what are we as mere supporters able to do ?
The poll on here shows 3-1 that we have had enough of Adams and his non league set up and talking to supporters out and about I've not heard one say he should be given anymore time or anymore money to sign players and should be on his way.
A few years ago the likes of Harty and Attilla waged many a campaign against managers with a better record than Thicky Micky but of course now they've taken the clubs shilling (especially Harty with his bizarre Micky can do no wrong statements) there is no chance of them voicing disproval of Dick and co so is time to get round the car park and let Knight know what we think of his refusal to get rid of Adams.
Or worse still are people just going to silently let Limp Dick get on with it and simply not bother going to watch the team anymore ?
It's time to let Knight and Adams know enough is enough and we are not taking this shit anymore.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Mickey is a legend, and if it weren't for Knight we wouldn't have a club :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla: :bla:

Just getting in there before everyone else..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the end, Knight will need to get rid of Adams in order to avoid being ousted himself. Three year contract or no three year contract. Self-preservation comes first. Sustained booing from the North Stand - as reported yesterday - will seal the deal.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
If this losing run continues,and unfortunately there is no sign of a run of form to improve things , and Limp Dick stubbornly refuses to sack Adams what are we as mere supporters able to do ?
The poll on here shows 3-1 that we have had enough of Adams and his non league set up and talking to supporters out and about I've not heard one say he should be given anymore time or anymore money to sign players and should be on his way.
A few years ago the likes of Harty and Attilla waged many a campaign against managers with a better record than Thicky Micky but of course now they've taken the clubs shilling (especially Harty with his bizarre Micky can do no wrong statements) there is no chance of them voicing disproval of Dick and co so is time to get round the car park and let Knight know what we think of his refusal to get rid of Adams.
Or worse still are people just going to silently let Limp Dick get on with it and simply not bother going to watch the team anymore ?
It's time to let Knight and Adams know enough is enough and we are not taking this shit anymore.

Ern - I'm afraid apathy has set in with us sleep-walking to Lge 2. I can't remember a season in over 30 years of supporting the club where much was expected but have struggled so badly. Its been a complete shambles with excuse after excuse laid out by Adams and quite frankly i'm sick to death of it. I reckon the gates will drop to under 5K in the New Year if something isn't done. Can you blame anyone not going after seeing just 2 home league wins so far this season! I certainly do not want Adams blowing any transfer budget we have in Jan so that he signs more failures. Adams has to go with White and Booker.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Once you lose a supporter it is twice as hard to get him to come back and even more so in the current economic climate with many people struggling to afford the essentials let alone a football match.
And once their support has been lost can you see Ken Brown and his clueless commercial clowns being able to get the 15000 or whatever is needed to pay for the new ground ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
DK wont sack MA. Players will be signed in January to ensure League 1 status. Even if we were relegated, the Falmer timeframe is now pushed back a further season , so going up as League 2 champions instead of relegation from the Championship might be a better option from the clubs point of view.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think you will find the supporters that would have ben mostly likely to have startewd any form of protest are so close to Dick Knight that it won't happen. The new crop of militant supporters doesn't seem to be appearing. Probably because the lack of atmosphere at Withdean doesn't create the right enviroment to do so.

The youth of today!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
However, I am actually expecting Micky to resign, and I think he will do it in weeks rather than months.

That's a point. The season ticket renewals forms normally get sent out in February nowadays. It'll have happened by then. Unless of course we get to the Piss Pot final, in which case the season will be spun as a glorious triumph with the league form barely mentioned as DK and MA will lead the team out on easter Sunday in TRIUMPH in front of forty thousand adoring fans of the Wembley Stadium Tour.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think you will find the supporters that would have ben mostly likely to have startewd any form of protest are so close to Dick Knight that it won't happen. The new crop of militant supporters doesn't seem to be appearing. Probably because the lack of atmosphere at Withdean doesn't create the right enviroment to do so.

The youth of today!

If I recall, it was the fans reaction at an AWAY game which put the seal on McGhee's departure (at Bristol City). I'm sure DK has every intention of giving Micky at least another 4 or 5 games, but if we are crap tomorrow and the Albion fans give Adams the bird, I'm sure that will start to register in Uncle Dick's mind....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DK wont sack MA. Players will be signed in January to ensure League 1 status. Even if we were relegated, the Falmer timeframe is now pushed back a further season , so going up as League 2 champions instead of relegation from the Championship might be a better option from the clubs point of view.
I sincerely hope that is not the clubs thinking because if it is then they have totally lost it. In my opinion the fanbase has never recovered from the end of the McGhee reign, another dismal relegation but this time back into the basement division would be a disaster.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Once you lose a supporter it is twice as hard to get him to come back and even more so in the current economic climate with many people struggling to afford the essentials let alone a football match.
And once their support has been lost can you see Ken Brown and his clueless commercial clowns being able to get the 15000 or whatever is needed to pay for the new ground ?

Can anyone remember a season like this with much pre-season promise (and Hype!) and us currently nose-diving to Lge 2? Down the years we have a rough idea how things will pan out, but surely nobody expected a relegation season this season. It's been a complete disaster and i fear that Mickeys 2.5 contract means it will cost us a fortune to get rid of him

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If I recall, it was the fans reaction at an AWAY game which put the seal on McGhee's departure (at Bristol City). I'm sure DK has every intention of giving Micky at least another 4 or 5 games, but if we are crap tomorrow and the Albion fans give Adams the bird, I'm sure that will start to register in Uncle Dick's mind....

The presence of a roof over our heads will probably make the chants of Adams out more audible for sure. Lets hope we win, but if we don't I suspect the last fifteen minutes will see Swindon's ground reverberating to Adams Out chants from the hard core support.

And will then Knight explain his decision to sack Wilkins??

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
if our current form continues people will just stop going to games, crowds of sub 3k might make a difference

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
if our current form continues people will just stop going to games, crowds of sub 3k might make a difference
That is a little fanciful, the one positive at the moment is that crowds have held steady around the 6000 mark.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But what this does show is that the away fans are far more tolerant and positive than the Withdean ones, so if the travelling support go MENTAL at the manager and team then it will have effects. At Withdean it's just the norm.

Are the away fans actually more tolerant, or is it just the nature of their days? I mean when we play home games I can have a lie in, I can go into town, do some shopping, come home, have some lunch, then moesy on out to withdean. Then I'm home in time for the afternoon game on sky sports, the evening with family, get ready and go out for the evening with friends etc. Home visits are not much of an investment, and there's so much else to base how I feel about the day on.

For most away games I have to be up and ready to go by 8, I can't do shopping, no time with family, and the entire day is about that away game. It is a big investment of my time, I won't get home til the day is over, and so I'm more determined to make the day a good one, which means even in the most dire games I try to have fun, try to enjoy the day out etc.

Though I do agree with your main point that boos from away fans stand out and have more impact than boos from home fans because of their usual frequency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here