Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What constitutes being an alcoholic?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Ok. I'll be that bored.

Are you working at Preferred Mortgages?!

Make sure you don't swing back on your chair or you'll get sacked.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
oi sorry if u have to be really bored to have a drink with me :nono:
yeah its my interview day there,that why you got sacked?:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You don't need to drink loads or even during the day to have a problem.

The problem occurs when you start putting alcohol in front of your family, job and marriage.

I lived with one for 21 years. He used to go down the pub at 9pm just for a few beers.

He got done for drink driving and so lost his job. Two years later after working abroad he then lied to get another job (by saying he had a clean licence) I had to work to feed and clothe my kids and eventually he left me for a barmaid.

No spirits involved and only a few pints each night.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
duplicated

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The reason why I asked is because I am still in bed and I cannot motivate myself to do anything and all I want to do is go to the pub.

Either I have a problem or this is just a typical student lifestyle!:jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
The reason why I asked is because I am still in bed and I cannot motivate myself to do anything and all I want to do is go to the pub.

Why do you want to go to the pub? For a drink or for the company? Or just something to do?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
Why do you want to go to the pub? For a drink or for the company? Or just something to do?

I don't know.

I'm in a mood and I feel like drinking.

I am usually happy when I drunk and I forget for a while everything else that is on my mind.

This is probably not good. I realise this yet I will still do it.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fatboy . . .your just a lazy student . . .GET A JOB ! :lolol:

lots of people go to the pub nearly everyday for a beer or three . . . .doesnt necessarily make them alcoholics, but I agree with Yorkie, theres a time and a place, and not when you have other obligations and responsibilities.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
I don't know.

I'm in a mood and I feel like drinking.

I am usually happy when I drunk and I forget for a while everything else that is on my mind.

This is probably not good. I realise this yet I will still do it.

Drink is actually a depressant. When it leaves your body it leaves you feeling more down than before.

If you're going drinking on your own then it could be a problem.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Andy you SLICE, go and have a few beers, it's what student life is for. You'll feel soo much better.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Alcoholic is being addicted to booze. Just because you have one or two pints a night doesn't turn you into one. Its basically how dependent are you on alcohol. If the first thing you do when you get up in the morning is head for the nearest alcoholic beverage then you are addicted to drink. How it physically affects you will depend on your eating habits. If you eat well and regularly then this does soak up some of the alcohol and enables you to keep going. However, like an aunt of mine if you don't it will kill you.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The first thing to worry about is not whether you're an alcoholic or not, but why you're in a mood and try and sort it.

Yorkie is right though. Alcohol is a depressant, so if you drink a lot it makes your moods seem worse.

You can pm me if it will make you feel better!!

:)

Last edited:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
The fact you can not get out of bed to go to the pub means you are not an alcoholic dispite thinking about going. If you were you would be there knocking on the door to be let in first!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
albiongirl said:
If you were you would be there knocking on the door to be let in first!!

eerr...what? you been drinking albiongirl? :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
fatboy said:

Only get worried if Saturday is everyday. :D :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here