Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what computer game have you lost most hours to (any year)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Championship Manager 2- Football Manager 2012

One of the reasons behind my lack of girlfriend

(well that plus looks )

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I know it's a bit OT but just thinking about all the awesome games on C64
Pitstop 2 was awesome, played this for hours. The tyres got different coloured lines on them to show how worn they were and if you didn't change them they blew out.

[yt]WAfc_Ugki5U[/yt]

California Games. How amazing was this game.

[yt]F0Sk8R0T-a0[/yt]

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Championship Manager 2- Football Manager 2012

One of the reasons behind my lack of girlfriend

(well that plus looks )

Looks ain't everything mate. I consider myself at best average but I netted a stunner of a woman. :cool:

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
All cod games, GTA, FIFA, guitar hero, crash bandicoot, metal gear solid series, just to name a few... Can't imagine how many hours I've racked up playing video games. If I knew it would be silly.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If you consider the game in all its guises over the years, then Championship/Football Manager has by far and away eaten up more of my life than anything else.

And of the whole series I'd say possibly CM3 takes the crown for being most played.

However, those games aside I've also lost SILLY time playing Transport Tycoon (Original, Deluxe and Open Source editions).

Then there's Civilization 2 and 3 which got played a LOT back in the day.

In more recent times, the game that has taken the greatest number of hours of my life on the PS3 is probably Fallout 3. That would be closely followed by Fallout: New Vegas and after that there are plenty of games in a similar area, none of which come close to the epic RPG titles.

Even though I've been a keen gamer for many a year, I don't think any of the earlier console titles I used to enjoy (Sonic, Mario, Gunstar Heroes etc.) actually took up as much of my life as the HD titles of the current gen. Games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect are just so vast and epic in scale that getting through them takes up to 100 times longer than the first Sonic the Hedgehog, for example.

I guess the closest the earlier generation consoles get is with titles like Zelda (I spent a fair amount of time on Ocarina of Time back in the day) and of course the Final Fantasy games (particularly FF7 which really brought the franchise into the mainstream).

Oh, and then there was the AWESOME Skies of Arcadia which became the reason for owning a Dreamcast. Having played through that game twice, I must have racked up over 100 hours submersed.

Shit, I am a GEEK

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Good shout actually, Socom 1/2 I must have invested thousands of hours of time into at the time without really realising, played them a couple of hours a day for 2+ years straight, scary.

Haha yeah inwas the same, I remember a couple of blokes lost their jobs because of that game... They just couldn't pull themselves away.
1 & 2 were amazing but they seem to have gone downhill after that which is strange because you'd have thought the power of the ps3 would only have made for a better game but sadly they don't seem to be able to crack it

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
This beauty took away great huge chunks of my life in circa 1993:

PremierManager2%28Boxart%29%28Front%29.jpg

I loved that game and still have it, along with my old Amiga in my wardrobe somewhere.

Albion, England & Premier Manager 2 forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Well done!

Definitely this.

And Civilisation comes an easy second.

Glad to see I wasn't alone.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Premier Manager is a good shout. When I used to go and visit my family in Guildford it would be a quick hello to mum and dad and then up to my younger brother's room for a weekend of 2 player premier manager.

ISS/Pro EVo games
Goldeneye on the N64
Super Mario 64 too

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
A sickening amount of time on Civilisation (all 5), probably the most on 1 on the amiga.
Utopia
World of Warcraft
Moria/Angband

Honourable mentions to Ocarina of Time and Championship Manager ... 97/98, somewhere around there.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Mario Bros. back in the day of the good old NES.I was so chuffed when I first completed the game,I tried to record it on video to prove to my then girlfriend that I had done it,but the bastard thing wouldn't record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here