Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What car do you drive ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Are you really sure??
I drove a Vitesse Coupe (briefly) and owned a couple of Spitifires (same chassis/suspension) in the 70's-80's.
Seized trunions, knocking/seized cv joints on the rear drive shafts, all those 'rusty' inner/outer sills and box sections, leaking soft top (by design) and a mind of its own when cornering in the wet.

I meant only to pose in...

I'd never drive the fucker. I'm not MENTAL you know...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Astra diesel. Dull but reliable and economical and considering the mileage I do, that's the main thing.
Long live the Green Pig.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One of these

Attachments

• mazda-3-tamura-main.jpg
    mazda-3-tamura-main.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 144

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Company car is an 05 Audi A4 1.9tdi (but that goes back tomorrow as I'm leaving the company)
Missus has a 02 Renault Clio
and we have an 06 Ford Mondeo Estate 2.2 tdci for load lugging and transporting the dogs etc.

Stumpy Tim

I have a poor man's Jag E Type (that's a Z4 to anyone with a brain over the size of a peanut). I used to have a Z3 which is no way near the car the Z4 is. I also used to have a Boxster S - one up from Dwayne's.

People who say a Boxster is a Porsche for people who can't afford a Porsche, probably can't afford the Boxster either. It's a QUALITY car

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have a 57 plate VW Passat 1.9tdi estate.

Its a great car, but I'll probably be swapping it soon, as the company have offered to take back our company cars and give us a tax-free car allowance instead. Basically, with the allowance and the £1250 tax saved, I'd have about £6500-7000 to spend annually. So if I can lease or PCP something better for the same cash, or alternatively pocket some of the cash, I will do.

Thinking maybe the Mondeo estate, as its cheaper than the Passat and good deals to be done. Might look for something with 6/7 seats though.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have a poor man's Jag E Type (that's a Z4 to anyone with a brain over the size of a peanut). I used to have a Z3 which is no way near the car the Z4 is. I also used to have a Boxster S - one up from Dwayne's.

People who say a Boxster is a Porsche for people who can't afford a Porsche, probably can't afford the Boxster either. It's a QUALITY car

Small penis alert :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
the company have offered to take back our company cars and give us a tax-free car allowance instead. Basically, with the allowance and the £1250 tax saved, I'd have about £6500-7000 to spend annually.

Good idea but are you sure its a tax free allowance, I'm sure Mr HMR&C would question that, or is it the 40p a mile you mean.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Golf GTTdi on an 02 plate, have had it for just over three years, only 46k on the clock so it is barely run in. I think it is a great car, good to drive and very economical on a long run, can't see myself changing it for a very long time.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Good idea but are you sure its a tax free allowance, I'm sure Mr HMR&C would question that, or is it the 40p a mile you mean.

40p a mile? Does it go up/down with engine size? I get 77p a mile on mine and theres another band about 15p higher for bigger cars...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here