Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what are your favourite 5 CITIES (in the WORLD)?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Cape Town
Sydney
Tokyo
Chicago
London

I always have a chuckle when people put Brighton. If Brighton is your favourite city I don't think you've travelled enough!

I think I have travelled a fairish bit, and live abroad right now, but I would easily put Brighton in my top 5.

We all have our own reasons....

Brighton
Hiroshima
Tokyo
A Coruna
Paris

in no partcular order

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Brighton
Rome
London
Lisbon
Barcelona

Honourable mention to Valladolid.

Never been to the States so can't comment on any of their cities.

Edit: Hadn't seen Stumpy's comment. It may not be the world's most glamorous city, or have the finest architecture or archaeology, or the best restaurants, or the best beach, or the finest views, but I consider myself a winner in the birth lottery to have come from there. It's home sir, and nowhere else can have that quality.

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Brighton
Rome
London
Lisbon
Barcelona

Honourable mention to Valladolid.

Never been to the States so can't comment on any of their cities.

Edit: Hadn't seen Stumpy's comment. It may not be the world's most glamorous city, or have the finest architecture or archaeology, or the best restaurants, or the best beach, or the finest views, but I consider myself a winner in the birth lottery to have come from there. It's home sir, and nowhere else can have that quality.

to be honest it is glamorous, it has wonderful architecture, great restaurants, and an iconic beachfront once patronised by royalty.

Its just not a city.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Indeed, Senor, but not the best of those.

And, respectfully, your opinion as to what constitutes a city does not make you the arbiter. It's officially a city, that's good enough for me.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Rome
Nashville
Brighton
Barcelona
Amsterdam

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Indeed, Senor, but not the best of those.

And, respectfully, your opinion as to what constitutes a city does not make you the arbiter. It's officially a city, that's good enough for me.

No equally respectfully i disagree, its the other way round. Common consensus makes something what it is to people, rather than some official stamp.

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
..............and be in Byron Bay in no time at all.

Byron Bay, what a great place, I hope that wasn't you I saw on the Grasshopper heading to Nimbin when I was there in March. I did my skydive at Byron Bay.

Personally I would say there is nothing wrong with Brisbane, its an excellent city, but it hasn't quite got that special magic that you find in Melbourne and Sydney.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
London
Brighton
Paris
Alexandria
Rome

Im too young to know about other cities :lol:

4.Edinburgh
1.BRIGHTON and whatever is next to it :p

London got 6th, I dont know why but I bet thre are better cities than london, for they have the particular Palace, I dont care about the great british industry exhibition Its Palace and it is always Palace.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rome
Florence
Barcelona
Paris
Edinburgh

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York
Nassau