Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are Durrington / Worthing like as places to live?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Lived in Worthing a while ago. I would avoid Durrington, in general although the older parts are better. Broadwater, Goring and Tarring are nice areas. Findon Valley also worth considering.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
We had a look at the house yesterday. It was on Cotswold Rd. Wasn't sure about the area but the Mrs seemed happy with it.

The house wasn't as we expected so we'll carry on looking.

Had a drive around Worthing as a whole and liked the look of Broadwater. I think the Eastern side of Worthing would be my preferred area. Just that little bit closer more than anything.

Cotswold Road is not one of the better roads - used to be a lot of problem families up that way - although there are some nice areas all around it.

I'm not that far from there and the Salvington area (not High Salvington - that the posh ones up the hill north of the A27) is generally okay and you get more house for your money here than you do on the more modern areas of West Durrington.

I've just accepted an offer on my house as we want to move into somewhere smaller and nearer the beach but we have been here 23 years and our neighbours 34 years so it can't be that bad!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
In general Worthing is a lovely place to live and although much maligned Durrington’s not that bad, granted occasionally you will see a sheet attached to a roundabout stating “Happy 30th birthday Nan”, but that don’t make it the Bronx [emoji23]

Just spat me tea out [emoji23][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here