Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are Durrington / Worthing like as places to live?

Oct 17, 2008
I work in Durrington, firstly on the Causeway, now in Yeomans Way in Goring. I wouldn't in a million years live on any of the streets I drive through, nor send my child to the school at the top of the Causeway diagonally opposite the Registry office... Can't comment on any of the side streets though...

there is some very nice fanny in lloyds is there not:laugh:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
That would be Durrington High School and it is supposed to be highly rated.

Really? The state of the kids walking along the road there to school is attrocious. Their road sense is non existent, and the parents parking along there are brain dead. I've taken all those things as a sign of the school. Glad to be proven wrong, I hope.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I work in Durrington, firstly on the Causeway, now in Yeomans Way in Goring. I wouldn't in a million years live on any of the streets I drive through, nor send my child to the school at the top of the Causeway diagonally opposite the Registry office... Can't comment on any of the side streets though...

That'll be a Lloyds Registrars / Equinity employee speaking then:wink:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

I did the IT stuff when Yeoman Road was set up - scarily enough that is nearly 20 years ago now. Good lady wife still works there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where the f...k is North Goring also most of the houses off of Cotwold Road are now privately owned and listed by estate ageants as being in Lower Salvington.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Where the f...k is North Goring also most of the houses off of Cotwold Road are now privately owned and listed by estate ageants as being in Lower Salvington.

Oi, get back to your spreadsheet. Bloody mid sussex blokes, Come round here Dissing my town. :wink:

I went to DHS when the new headmistress came in, and whilst the calibre of the students might not have improved, the school as a whole has!!

DHS wasn't my first choice, as all my mates were going to the now detiriorating Worthing High, which is likely to become the middle school and swap with TAB in a few years, so as to get up to standard with the rest of the country in terms of when students move to high school ie after year 6 kids move to high school whereas in worthing they stayed at middle till year 7. Therefore what is curently TAB middle will be worthing high and vice versa.........for those who care!!!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I would suggest that I have lived in Worthing for many more years than you even taking into account having pubs.
It's changed since the 50's though BG :angel:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is why I asked what area is now known as North Goring. Is it up past David Lloyds or what was Goring Green Estate the continuation of The Strand in Maybridge towards Goring station.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Really? The state of the kids walking along the road there to school is attrocious. Their road sense is non existent, and the parents parking along there are brain dead. I've taken all those things as a sign of the school. Glad to be proven wrong, I hope.

Unfortunately, tede, that means that you will be struggling to find a school pretty much anywhere in the UK - and that includes going private.

I went into Durrington High School every Friday morning for a term and was amazed at the standard of teaching and the standards demanded by the school. It's 10x better than 'in my day' at Falmer School. The vast majority of kids are good kids and there are systems to try and deal with the - ahem - rougher diamonds.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Old thread bounce alert!

What's it like over there nowadays? Looking at a house today in Durrington.

Can't afford where we are but there are options in Worthing in our budget.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The part of west Worthing near the seafront seems ok . At least you have a beach , , plenty of period type housing and it doesn’t feel like a suburb of Brighton .

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Old thread bounce alert!

What's it like over there nowadays? Looking at a house today in Durrington.

Can't afford where we are but there are options in Worthing in our budget.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The estate opposite the big Tesco used to have a bit of a reputation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here