Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are Durrington / Worthing like as places to live?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Old thread bounce alert!

What's it like over there nowadays? Looking at a house today in Durrington.

Can't afford where we are but there are options in Worthing in our budget.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Whereabouts in Durrington as that covers a wide area these days? There is the older original Durrington housing and then the newer estates out in West and I guess what is now North Durrington.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Mate lives just off Columbia Drive and hates it with a passion. He's a bit stuck up though but it's all he could afford when he was looking to buy.

Attachments

• IMG_20210125_165636.jpg
    IMG_20210125_165636.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Moved Worthing area (Tarring) from Burgess Hill just due to the amount more we could get for our money. Absolutely no complaints from us.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Moved to durrington 2 years ago. Near the big tesco. Lovely area to live.

I've lived in portslade, brighton, southwick, worthing central and now durrington.

I would liken it to portslade the most. The central area (the strand) is run down and a place I would avoid but the more you go north, towards all the new build areas around durring health centre is rather nice.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I moved gradually from Brighton after 20 years to Shoreham, then Lancing, then Worthing and a couple of years ago to Durrington. Honestly Durrington is fine! When my wife showed me the house I asked where it was and said no straight away due to location but she convinced me to at least look and here we are! Huge Tesco a short walk away and they have started redeveloping the old Columbia House building into flats and retail space. The beaches are perfect for families and you’ve got the Sea Lane cafe just down the road which is excellent on Goring beach. Don’t let past reputation put you off, plus you get far more for your money then you would in somewhere such as Portslade for example!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t listen to the moaners. Worthing is alright, nice access to many parts of the downs or the seafront / green areas.

Lots of decent independent restaurants and pubs. Of course it has its ‘areas’ but certainly not as bad as many in Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For those looking to relocate to Worthing, there is a lovely lad looking for a tenant in his family home. There is a special discount on rent if you can tick the fella’s box.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19174130.sex-rent-moment-argus-confront-worthing-seller/

“ Craigslist, a site more prominent in America than it is here in the UK, has long been the platform of choice for landlords to advertise free rent in return for sex.”

I might have to use Craig’s List instead of the seemingly staid Mishon Mackay.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Lovely spot, a lot,lot quieter than Brighton, although younger buyers are starting move into the area. When we moved here 15 years ago we were the youngest in our road, there was a constant stream of grey transit vans turning up in the night!..There are lots of young families in our road now. As others have said, great pubs and restaurants,also some really great schools.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We had a look at the house yesterday. It was on Cotswold Rd. Wasn't sure about the area but the Mrs seemed happy with it.

The house wasn't as we expected so we'll carry on looking.

Had a drive around Worthing as a whole and liked the look of Broadwater. I think the Eastern side of Worthing would be my preferred area. Just that little bit closer more than anything.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just having a look at Rightmove in and around Worthing... would be grateful of any thoughts. Thanks all :thumbsup:

In general Worthing is a lovely place to live and although much maligned Durrington’s not that bad, granted occasionally you will see a sheet attached to a roundabout stating “Happy 30th birthday Nan”, but that don’t make it the Bronx 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here