Adjectives like jerk, awesome etc

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
My pet hates 24/7

using sick instead of ill

failure to use the present perfect tense ie

Did you go to London this year instead of HAVE YOU BEEN TO LONDON THIS YEAR

I believe the Trisha show is partly responsible for this, but this is whole new topic of conversation

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
shingle said:

Did you go to London this year instead of HAVE YOU BEEN TO LONDON THIS YEAR

would that be London ENGLAND :ohmy:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
looney's back:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i once heard an american ask

'What do they got?'

i almost choked on my beer

i also hate the fact they can't get their head around saying the date as we do i.e. 20/7 (20th july). you can say 20th of the 7th but you can't say 7 the 20th you mongs.

at the end of the day though, i just hate it when they open their mouths to complain. which is A LOT of the time

apart from that, love em

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the day /month wrong way round thing

Dandyman

In London village.
Date order
Movies
Soccer
Protest/appeal an issue (you protest about or for something and appeal against a decision)
To go
90% of management speak
Marshalls (what happened to Police Constables?)
...and a few thousand others.

:censored: :angry: :censored:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I hate the fact they seem to think Dollars should be readily accepted anywhere in the world.

In Barcelona a couple a few year back, an american tourist was astounded and created a right old fuss when the bloke in the baguette shop insisted he would only take pasetas. I can't believe the Yank actually said it, but his parting shot was "What kinda cockamamie country is this?"

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Their tendency, particularly in sport, to automatically attribute all successes to God, regardless of the amount of effort and sacrifice they may have put in themselves.

Calling football 'soccer' (I'm aware of the origin of the word and the fact that, strictly speaking, it's legitimate. I just f***ing hate it.)

The fact that some of their language is polluting ours - 'tuxedo' replacing 'DJ' is my particular pet hate there.

London, England. Paris, France. Berlin, Germany.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shut up with your "gotten" bollocks.

And please don't refer to London as "London, England" or Paris as "Paris, France".

These are world renowed cities and are unlikely to be confused with your shitty tin pot hicksville settlements that have copied the name. Please clarify the location of your own noddy little versions if you must, but as far as I'm concerned, I know where London is.

(Incidentally, London in Ontario is not a small place, but you don't find Canadians constantly referring to our capital as "London, England")

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Messing around with names

COlin is Colin (o as in hot)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here