Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What age is the youngest child you have taken to the Amex?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Took my 6-year-old daughter to her first game, v Wrexham in the WSL. I normally go to the family stand with sons aged 9 and 8.

She liked it, but all we could hear was Wrexham. She looked at me and said, "when do we get to sing, dad?"

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Little Jack was born March 09 made his debut v Stockport 7 weeks later, Withdean was no fun when he started to walk (rows of wet empty seats etc) noe he's nearly 3 he's enjoying the family stand a lot more, but I do take plenty to eat and for 'Forest moments' his portable DVD player, we sit with a load of other kids in the FS so the tolerence level of those around us is high

This was my son's first game too but he had just turned 7. We have season tickets but I didn't even think of buying my daughter one (aged 8)! Still undecided as to which one is coming with me tomorrow, they both love it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
7 year old son is a season ticket holder and loves it really starting to understand the details now and already refuses to say Crystal Palace as anytime, Took his 4 year old (just) sister to the Wrexham game and she was fine and wants to go again. Sweets and some sort of distraction is the key just in case but generally enjoyed it and tried to join in the singing.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
7 year old son is a season ticket holder and loves it really starting to understand the details now and already refuses to say Crystal Palace as anytime

My 8yr old boy has st in wsu, loves it and has a similar dislike for palace. His first game was 5 years ago

Took my 4 year old son to the Blackpool game.........loved the build up but as soon as the game started he wanted to go! Told him they lock the doors until the game ends and there's no way out! No amount of sweets etc would change his mind, he wanted out! Managed to cajole him to the second half.........requests to leave still forthcoming..........told him he looked tired and why not have a little nap! Sure enough within a few minutes of sitting on my lap his head flops to the side...........fast asleep!!!! We proceed to score 2 goals (and so do they) with me ssssshhhhing people around me!!

Will try him again when he's 5......................he WILL enjoy it even eventually!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
10-year-old son comes with us to the Amex every time and loves it. And my niece & OH took their 5 month old daughter and one year old son to a match the other week, without any problems.

D

Deleted User X18H

Thanks for all advice. Circumstances dictate that I am pretty likely to take my 4 year old lad this afternoon. I am sure it will be brilliant.

D

Deleted member 2719

5 years old against Burnley and he stayed focus for about 35mins each half and then asked when does it finish but with the West Stand Massive (WSM) in fine form that day it kept him vocal just like his dad!

As other have said a few sweets in your pocket every now and then will keep them happy.

But he genuinely loved the whole day including train etc.

It maybe a year or 2 before i would consider a ST for him, but i wouldn't leave it two long as i would not want him being a Sussex Manc or a Pompey fan.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm taking my boy to his first game today, he's 3.. He's been asking to go for some time now, and this is his chance. I think he's gonna poo himself when we score though, but he'll manage.

And I'll be takin the iPad in case of boredom. (and also to hold up if any "who's got Tom's iPad" chants start)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I took my just-turned-four-year-old to the Wrexham game, too, and he loved it! He knows very little about football, but he loves the Albion and was singing the songs and shouting out CMS's name (bless him), despite him not playing. He, too, loved the Wrexham mascot, wanted to buy him in the club shop afterwards! He's a big fan of Gully, though :)

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Thanks for all advice. Circumstances dictate that I am pretty likely to take my 4 year old lad this afternoon. I am sure it will be brilliant.

How did that go in the end?

Im planning on taking my nearly 4 year old son tomorrow for his first game at the Amex, he managed to keep focused on the Tranmere game for 60 mins last year when he was just 3. What a proud day that was...so Im hoping tomorrow will really open his eyes and will start his life long love affair with the mighty albion before his uncle poisons his mind with anymore 'united' drivel.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
:clap2:36 - I can let him got to the toilet unaccompanied at half time - and he's old enough to buy me a pint of Harvey's! (that'll be a first too)

:rolleyes:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
My Youngest was 13 when we first went to Falmer.

She held my hand and stopped me from running off in excitement. Other than that it went well

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I am in Madrid this weekend and was planning on taking my 6 year old to her first game, Athletico vs Valencia. It was looking rosy until I noticed the 9:30pm kick off time. Grrrr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here