Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What age is the youngest child you have taken to the Amex?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5 & 7.
Ours love the idea of it, and everything around it (Gully, sweets, hot dog, singing) but the football leaves them a little cold, esp our youngest.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Walking back from the Wrexham game ,I heard a young lad ask his dad if it was midnight yet. Made me laugh as it was only 10 past 5.

Little Jack was born March 09 made his debut v Stockport 7 weeks later, Withdean was no fun when he started to walk (rows of wet empty seats etc) noe he's nearly 3 he's enjoying the family stand a lot more, but I do take plenty to eat and for 'Forest moments' his portable DVD player, we sit with a load of other kids in the FS so the tolerence level of those around us is high

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's been at least one thread on this in the not-too-distant past, but going with your children - possibly as you may have done with your parents or Dad - is a fantastic thing.

Additionally, passing on the baton of supporting the Albion is very important, not to mention rewarding.

There's been at least one thread on this in the not-too-distant past, but going with your children - possibly as you may have done with your parents or Dad - is a fantastic thing.

looking back over the last 3 years, possibly my proudest moment was the Stockport match (we were featured in the 'Gullys Gang' page in last seasons Swindon programme, but I don't like to go on about it!)

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
6. WSU against Hull. He tried his best to enjoy it bless him, but as a 6 year old he must wonder what the hell is the point of a football match with no goals. Have tried to encourage him to go again but no luck as yet. :down:

Will try again in the spring when its warmer or maybe wait til next season.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
took my son to the donny match aged 4. he has been to almost every home match this season (not night games). We take some nibbles and his DS just incase of boredom but he has only ever played it at halftime. We sit in the middle block of WSU and he has gone from football mad to football insane. he has become a little mascot to everyone around us, as he has only seen them lose to burnley and when we score he goes crowd surfing among our row and those directly behind and in front of us

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Slightly off topic, my two boys are 14 and 16 and they are season ticket holders for the first time and love it. Last week at the Wrexham game I took my daughter, aged 12, for the first time. I didn't think she was that fussed as nearly everytime I looked at her she was on her blackberry messaging people! Said to her the other day, do you fancy going to Peterborough, 3 hour train journey, 2 hours standing on a terrace, 3 hours train back? It was a resounding yes, she even wants a season ticket! Looks like the wife is going to love every over Saturday to herself!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Additionally, passing on the baton of supporting the Albion is very important, not to mention rewarding.

So very much all of this. My two are 13 and 11, and the three of us have had season tickets for 4 or 5 years now. Its a big part of our relationship. Every game is a big highlight of our weekend, and the Albion in general is probably the biggest topic of conversation throughout the week.

Those on here with a 13 year old, will understand that getting them to talk to you is not always easy, so the Albion, and football in general, is a useful tool in that respect.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ive been taking my little brother to the games this season, he's ok mostly but sometimes gets a bit bored.
on the way home from the burnley game he was a bit of an arse on the train home too.
i told him to behave or i wouldnt take him again, you'd think he would know better at 45 years old :(

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
My daughter was 17 months for her 1st home game vs Donny ( 1st game was walsall last season), pretty much the same experience as everyone else has mentioned. Although she did cry during the louder moments like when the flags were all waved at the start and when buckleys goals went in but no doubt she wasn't the only one!!!

I already sing her all the albion songs and play football with her in the hall, I actually am getting abit concerned than I'm overdoing it and she's gonna end up hating all things footie related

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Spot on sir.

I can state that taking my boys to football (both watching and playing) is one of my happiest moments each week.

Both boys are football mad and as parents we do use it to our advantage. The squad numbers are great to support maths and counting (greer and painter = lua lua). The programme and newspaper coverage help with reading. The constant conversation we get from both boys around the albion. That as a 3 year old my eldest knew the proper words to sussex by the sea.

cant beat it

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
Took my 9 year old girl for the first time to the Burnley game, What a first game, she did look a little worried for a bit but once i explained its like a pantomime and the ref was the villain she got right into it, since then shes been to Southampton and Wrexham and loving every time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No children under 5 should be admitted. They get bored and don`t want to be there. As for taking babies in ? Ring Esther someone will you ?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
My little boy was about minus one month on his first trip to the Amex for the Gillingham match, Curious Wife and I got tickets in the North Stand as I figured that she might not appreciate the walk up to the Roost... he's not been since he was born though!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No children under 5 should be admitted. They get bored and don`t want to be there. As for taking babies in ? Ring Esther someone will you ?

ask my 4 year old where he'd like to be?

ask my two year old where he'd like to be?

We had the difficult scenario last week where our youngest got upset as I took the eldest to the game and he didnt go as he had a party that afternoon. he would quite happily have swapped the party for football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here