Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What age is the youngest child you have taken to the Amex?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Took my 2 year old to the Wrexham game. He handled it pretty well and seemes to really enjoy it but take some form of entertainment in case boredom sets in!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My little man has not been to the Amex yet but has done both Leicester and Coventry away.

He is a jinx.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Five, STH East Stand.
I've started bringing his booster seat too & no one has complained.
He loves it & has started making up his own chants, for example:
"Crystal Palace, they're so stooopid."
Could catch on!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
My little boy had just turned 4 when I took him to his first game - Burnley. He was in awe of the atmosphere (as was I). Reckon he is still a year too young if I'm honest.
My little girl went to her first game when she turned 6 and loves it.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My boy is 4 and I took him to the Wrexham game. He was fine and really enjoying it and taking it all in until about the 75th minute when he started asking if he could play on my iphone etc. I found taking a packed lunch for him, sandwich, chocolate bars, drinks, etc, help keep him focused. He can't wait to go again!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My boy was OBSESSED with the Wrexham mascot. Couldn't give a shit about Gully, it's all he talked about on the way home

I felt a bit sorry for the Wrexham mascot. From our view in the Family Stand it seemed as if Gully/Sally were getting all the action and he was standing there a bit awkwardly and generally being ignored.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Son 5 (most games), Daughter 7 (some games) attend with me in the Family Stand and have a great time (5 yr old sometimes feels the need for a sleep 2nd half, especially v Forest!). Lots of kids of a similar age around us, great atmosphere. Stewards are good in the FS, we often left them run down the front with their friends to see the mascot while we (the Dad's) enjoy a cheeky Harveys before the game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
12 and 10 coped fine but they were a little bored. At the wrexham game a lady had her virtual newborn there behind us. Thats dedication and in WSU as well!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My eldest who's now nearly 5 went to his first game at 7 weeks, on and off after that until he was two when he got a season ticket. He has always been very good (although initially a little in awe of surprise cheering when we scored - luckily we didnt do that too often under Adams and Slade).

My 2 year old went to his first game a year ago when he was about 20 months and was on and off after that until this season when he has a season ticket. Generally okay - with flashes of boredom. Apart from my nephews behind I dont think he distracts too many others. was exceptionally good for the southampton game (as were the team).

Lush

Mods' Pet
Took my eldest daughter aged about 2 to Gillingham. I'd won the 'whatever the Withdean wager was then' and had to do the draw for the next one at half time. She refused to look at the camera so we didn't get our photo in the programme. :down: She spent most of the game toddling up and down the steps on the empty terrace.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My daughter went to her first game earlier in the season at 3 years old and was fine, I've been taing my son since he was 2, he's now 7 and is totally Albion mad, wears nothing but his replica kits and sings songs all of the time. His favorite is hey jude.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Took my 3 year old to Wrexham game. She loved it, although she got bit teary when we scored as she doesn't like loud noises. However she loved all the mascots and insisted on cuddle and photo with all four of them. She liked fanzone, and was bit upset when it was time to go home. As others have said if you take couple of bits to do and lunch for them in case they get bored. She had also said she wants to go again. The way I got her out was by telling her Gully was going for bath then bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here