Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a pile of shit

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not A Fake Gerbil said:
Why would you go and waste £20 odd quid like that?
The club is skint but you're saying that people should turn up religiously and waste their money just have a moan.
What about the people that go that are skint and want value for their money?
Do they count or is it all a 1 way thing?

If you can't afford it then say so, there's probably a very good reason. However those who whine about it are tedious and pointless. As Safeway said, the board won't sack McGhee and that's it. This is not great but most of us have been supporting this club long enough to see far worse.

What's also to be remembered is that we need to replace him.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
major icewater said:
Value for money at a football match? When did you ever get value for money?

Yeah you must remember.

Winning games and putting in decent performances at home,or has it been that long you've forgotten?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
If you can't afford it then say so, there's probably a very good reason. However those who whine about it are tedious and pointless. As Safeway said, the board won't sack McGhee and that's it. This is not great but most of us have been supporting this club long enough to see far worse.

What's also to be remembered is that we need to replace him.

Get stuffed you patronising fool.

I CAN afford to go I just REFUSE to.

major icewater said:
To keep the club alive. As I said previously, by all means show your displeasure at the game and the manager, but go.

I DO go, i'm a STH.

My point was that people have the right to decide whether they want to goto a game or not. And not be judged by other people.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not A Fake Gerbil said:
Yeah you must remember.

Winning games and putting in decent performances at home,or has it been that long you've forgotten?

Oh yes, in the days when we had money.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Happy Seagull said:
A shame MM pissed away what little we had then isn't it?

We all make mistakes. Isn't hindsight wonderful? So you don't really mind if the club goes under then?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Happy Seagull said:
A shame MM pissed away what little we had then isn't it?
Not just MM......DK was responsible for Turienzo...what a waste of money that was.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Westdene Seagull said:
I find it amazing how choosing not to part with money to watch shite makes you a fairweather / part time fan. I'm not even sure how anyone can be a part time fan !!!! Surely you are either a fan of the Albion or not ? Maybe a part time fan support BHA on a Saturday but mid-week support another team ??

Anyway, I was pointing out that it's not law to turn up to every game or buy a season ticket. Every club has its casual attendees, the Albion is no exception, it doesn't make them anyless of a fan.

There are various reasons why fans stay away : financial; travelling distance; work; other commitments including family; standard of football. I have been a season ticket holder for more years than I can remember although, latterly, I have struggled to afford to renew, but I could not conceive of not watching the Albion on a regular basis. The club has been through the mill in recent years and it would have been easy to have given up when the future looked bleak but, as a supporter, there is no way I would have done so.

I don't have other commitments on Saturdays now and my children have grown up ( they are both Brighton supporters and still attend ) so it is not a problem for me (except financially!) to attend, including away matches, to which I regularly travel.

Of course I am disappointed and unhappy about things such as yesterday's defeat and other issues but I don't see this as a reason not to go, I would continue to do so even if I didn't have a season ticket. I'm a supporter and that means supporting the team whether or not the going is good. I'm not asking for a medal or to be considered a "super" fan but I am just doing what is right for me - what others do is up to them. I do, however, feel that not attending for reasons such as Withdean is "crap" (and yes, I've been drenched in the South Stand many times!) or because the standard of football is not high enough or the manager doesn't suit, makes it rather difficult to understand the commitment of some.

I agree, there will always be the casual supporter or fairweather fan, but to abandon the club at times when support is needed is something that, personally, I find difficult to comprehend.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well said Fran. I think I love you.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Fran Hagarty said:
There are various reasons why fans stay away : financial; travelling distance; work; other commitments including family; standard of football. I have been a season ticket holder for more years than I can remember although, latterly, I have struggled to afford to renew, but I could not conceive of not watching the Albion on a regular basis. The club has been through the mill in recent years and it would have been easy to have given up when the future looked bleak but, as a supporter, there is no way I would have done so.

I don't have other commitments on Saturdays now and my children have grown up ( they are both Brighton supporters and still attend ) so it is not a problem for me (except financially!) to attend, including away matches, to which I regularly travel.

Of course I am disappointed and unhappy about things such as yesterday's defeat and other issues but I don't see this as a reason not to go, I would continue to do so even if I didn't have a season ticket. I'm a supporter and that means supporting the team whether or not the going is good. I'm not asking for a medal or to be considered a "super" fan but I am just doing what is right for me - what others do is up to them. I do, however, feel that not attending for reasons such as Withdean is "crap" (and yes, I've been drenched in the South Stand many times!) or because the standard of football is not high enough or the manager doesn't suit, makes it rather difficult to understand the commitment of some.

I agree, there will always be the casual supporter or fairweather fan, but to abandon the club at times when support is needed is something that, personally, I find difficult to comprehend.

Top post mate.Love to buy you a pint for that:drink:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Fran Hagarty said:

One of the most sensible posts I've ever read on here

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Fran Hagarty said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I will echo that, Fran hits the nail on the head. Supporters will come and go, as do managers and players, in good times they are either more plentiful or of a better quality, at times like now you just have to make do with what you can get. During my 30 years of following the Albion there have been highs and lows, the massive difference between them has probably not been mirrored by many other teams in my memory, with the exception of maybe Man City, Wolves and Sunderland. That is what keeps me attracted to football in general, and in particular to the team that I have followed as man and boy, which will be a part of me until the day I die.

Up the Albion, Brighton till I die, see you all at Bristol on Saturday.

Gully

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Gully said:
I will echo that, Fran hits the nail on the head. Supporters will come and go, as do managers and players, in good times they are either more plentiful or of a better quality, at times like now you just have to make do with what you can get. During my 30 years of following the Albion there have been highs and lows, the massive difference between them has probably not been mirrored by many other teams in my memory, with the exception of maybe Man City, Wolves and Sunderland. That is what keeps me attracted to football in general, and in particular to the team that I have followed as man and boy, which will be a part of me until the day I die.

Up the Albion, Brighton till I die, see you all at Bristol on Saturday.

Gully

Excellent. Well said. :clap2:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Just a quick point for the MM outers/haters - if he is sacked and a new man comes in, it does not guarantee good football and decent results. Connecting MM's sacking and a return to the top of league is a mistake. Every season 95% of football fans are disappointed by their team's performance.

DJ Leon said:
Just a quick point for the MM outers/haters - if he is sacked and a new man comes in, it does not guarantee good football and decent results. Connecting MM's sacking and a return to the top of league is a mistake. Every season 95% of football fans are disappointed by their team's performance.

Well that's pretty obvious. But after 22 wins in the last 97 games, i think i'd like to take my chances with someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here