Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a pile of shit

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So at the end of last season, after being a season ticket holder since we came back to Withdean, I decided that the pile of crap bieing served up in the name of football last season, made me not want to renew this season.

Today was my first game this season. I am now very very glad I did not renew. McGhee does not appear to have the first clue about running a football team. He has to go, and go now for the sake of this football club that I have loved for 30+ years. I have never witnessed such a pile of pooh as todays game. 1-0 up, 1-4 down. Absolute crap crap crap crap.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Let's all stay away then. That will help the club no end. :glare:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
dougdeep said:
Let's all stay away then. That will help the club no end. :glare:

Well said Doug.I would rather go and if the team is playing badly then give McGhee abuse.I want the club to have my money still and that what counts.It defys logic people who stay away and it tends to be the same dickheads who are the first to slate McGhee on here.If we don't turn up then there won't be a football club.It's that simple

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Happy Seagull said:
Every fan has the right to go or not go FFS. Just because some of us torture ourselves with what can only be described as piss poor football, doesn't mean everyone has too.

You just don't get it:shootself

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
algie said:
You just don't get it:shootself

Errr ?? I think it's you doesn't get it - people have the right to stay away if they like - it's called voting with your feet. Agreed it doesn't help the clubs finances but people don't HAVE to go to the games and the current standard of football ( or management ) is hardly inviting to part with twenty odd quid to watch a load of shite.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Westdene Seagull said:
Errr ?? I think it's you doesn't get it - people have the right to stay away if they like - it's called voting with your feet. Agreed it doesn't help the clubs finances but people don't HAVE to go to the games and the current standard of football ( or management ) is hardly inviting to part with twenty odd quid to watch a load of shite.

So stay away.Thats a great idea.No money no club.Good thinking.I'll remember that.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I love it, people on here are always ready to mock other teams for having fickle fans and yet here we are, one bad result and some are suicidal.

Okay, you don't want to watch the Albion anymore ? Your choice, thank you for sharing. Oh, by the way, that makes you a fairweather or part time fan.

I get what your saying. But last time i checked we lived in a democracy. You can't be forced to goto games and just hand over your cash for a sub standard service.

I almost didn't renew my ST ticket this year, i waited till right till the last minute to do so. The ONLY reason i did was because i love the club. Having to turn up and watch the football depresses the f*** out of me :nono:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
The club is nearly bankrupt. We are surviving by the skin of our teeth.
It's all well and good wanting the manager sacked (which most of the fans do by now) but we desperately need every penny to keep going until the court case is settled.

I think that is what algie is getting at.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
bhaexpress said:
I love it, people on here are always ready to mock other teams for having fickle fans and yet here we are, one bad result and some are suicidal.

Okay, you don't want to watch the Albion anymore ? Your choice, thank you for sharing. Oh, by the way, that makes you a fairweather or part time fan.

I find it amazing how choosing not to part with money to watch shite makes you a fairweather / part time fan. I'm not even sure how anyone can be a part time fan !!!! Surely you are either a fan of the Albion or not ? Maybe a part time fan support BHA on a Saturday but mid-week support another team ??

Anyway, I was pointing out that it's not law to turn up to every game or buy a season ticket. Every club has its casual attendees, the Albion is no exception, it doesn't make them anyless of a fan.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Happy Seagull said:
The club can't expect us to play shit football most weeks and still have happy punters coming through the gates.

You'd be a complete idiot NOT to be agrieved at such a defeat but try and see the bigger picture.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There's a difference between a fan and a supporter, if you want their to be a club in the future, then they need our money now.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
pasty said:
He has to go, and go now for the sake of this football club that I have loved for 30+ years. I have never witnessed such a pile of pooh as todays game. 1-0 up, 1-4 down. Absolute crap crap crap crap.

If you have been going for 30+ years, I can't believe you've never witnessed such a pile of pooh.

Let's be realistic. Our team is far from perfect. I'm far from completely satisfied with McGhee. But surely to Baby Jesus our current side is better than it ever was between approx 1995 and 1998? I take it you didn't stop going to Gillingham because we were "a pile of pooh".

I've never had a season ticket and no, I don't go to every game. I go when I can -- but I don't decide against going to games just because we're on a losing run.

What's more, when I do go to matches, I get the feeling that the average Withdean crowd is more positive than the average keyboard warrior on NSC. For f***'s sake -- if you were going to give up you should have done it when we were nearly in the Conference, not when we should have been looking upwards.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I get what your saying. But last time i checked we lived in a democracy. You can't be forced to goto games and just hand over your cash for a sub standard service

What a bloody stupid reply.We are talking about our clubs future.Nothing more nothing less.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Westdene Seagull said:
I find it amazing how choosing not to part with money to watch shite makes you a fairweather / part time fan. I'm not even sure how anyone can be a part time fan !!!! Surely you are either a fan of the Albion or not ? Maybe a part time fan support BHA on a Saturday but mid-week support another team ??

Anyway, I was pointing out that it's not law to turn up to every game or buy a season ticket. Every club has its casual attendees, the Albion is no exception, it doesn't make them anyless of a fan.

But most clubs are not fighting court cases and are 11 million in debt

bhaexpress said:
You'd be a complete idiot NOT to be agrieved at such a defeat but try and see the bigger picture.

Some people simply want to see some decent football, i don't think that is too much to ask.

If your local takeaway gave you a shit meal every time, you wouldn't keep going back just so it didn't close would you? You'd expect the takeaway to do something in order to keep it's customers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here