Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’ve made the Jeremy Vine Show.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Okay then there is no such thing as nocturnal birds and if the birds don't like it they can go somewhere else. Good job you are not representing the defence of the club.

As others have mentioned, the club have been using these lamps for years and nobody has said a dicky bird (pun semi-intended), so why the blue-rinse brigade have suddenly started pearl-clutching about it this month is anyones guess. Some people just need something to MOAN about though I suppose, and if there's an eco-slant on it then thats very much an on-trend bandwagon to jump aboard at the moment, whether it actually directly affects them or not.

Its not a "constant" issue anyway - only on occasions during the winter months when there is sometimes a low cloud with mist/drizzle is the effect more visible some nights.

Barber won't have any probs swatting away this non-issue. Give it a couple of months when the weathers better they're hardly in use and it will be completely forgotten about, at least until some herbert revives it all again next winter with another grainy "shock-horror" pic to the Argus.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The guy who started the petition is an artist and photographer who likes going out at night with his camera. Perhaps he's p1ssed off that people are now closing their curtains?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As others have mentioned, the club have been using these lamps for years and nobody has said a dicky bird (pun semi-intended), so why the blue-rinse brigade have suddenly started pearl-clutching about it this month is anyones guess. Some people just need something to MOAN about though I suppose, and if there's an eco-slant on it then thats very much an on-trend bandwagon to jump aboard at the moment, whether it actually directly affects them or not.

Its not a "constant" issue anyway - only on occasions during the winter months when there is sometimes a low cloud with mist/drizzle is the effect more visible some nights.

Barber won't have any probs swatting away this non-issue. Give it a couple of months when the weathers better they're hardly in use and it will be completely forgotten about, at least until some herbert revives it all again next winter with another grainy "shock-horror" pic to the Argus.

I am not complaining about the lights so get off your pedestal. My only point is that they are inefficient so stop being a pedantic cry baby.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's really not. My wife does the make up on that show and I've had a really good chat with him about football and other stuff. He's a decent bloke.
I had to listen because it was an Albion story. The man is a twunt. No balance to the story. No facts-even to the point of saying it is the floodlights. His whole piece was to give a virtual blow job to the petition starter. Just so it's clear: He is a twunt whose stories/features are usually unbalanced.

Thank f uck I won't have to listen to him again for a long while.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am not complaining about the lights so get off your pedestal. My only point is that they are inefficient so stop being a pedantic cry baby.

I never said you were. Not quite sure where pedantry comes into it either, but I'm not overly bothered tbh.

You seem irritable today. Cheer up. We didn't lose.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the issue is about lights. it is their use, not efficiency, is objected to.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Are you saying that when it is misty that the light pollution looks worse than it really is?

Purely a complete novice physics argument based on no research so is probably wrong (but this NSC) - light travels in one direction so on a clear night it goes directly upwards, on a cloudy or foggy night it bounces back in numerous directions from the water particles in the air so it probably not only looks worse but is worse.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Purely a complete novice physics argument based on no research so is probably wrong (but this NSC) - light travels in one direction so on a clear night it goes directly upwards, on a cloudy or foggy night it bounces back in numerous directions from the water particles in the air so it probably not only looks worse but is worse.

Mist and fog is a natural event not a phenomenon. You cannot put the blame on nature to mitigate it being worse some times more than other times.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Even if thats literally exactly what happens ?

It doesn't matter if weather conditions make it worse. That's like saying that clear weather conditions makes it better ??? Stating the bloody obvious and doesn't help the defence argument because the worse scenario is always the important one, and weather conditions are not a mitigation ffs. And you say you cannot recognise your pedantic self?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It doesn't matter if weather conditions make it worse. That's like saying that clear weather conditions makes it better ??? Stating the bloody obvious and doesn't help the defence argument because the worse scenario is always the important one, and weather conditions are not a mitigation ffs. And you say you cannot recognise your pedantic self?

not sure why so obtuse. problem is light pollution, in particular light for star gazers (and trumped up effect on insects and birds). the effects are negligable on clear nights, when there is low cloud there is significant light pollution. also weather that prevents star gazing anyway. and yes, clear conditions make the situation better. the amount of perceived light is directly linked to the weather.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, not me. If you read my comment before your one it is very clear :)

So you agree that mist fog and very low clouds make the lights from the Amex stand out more, and this is why it's been recently noticed.
Apologies if I have missed something after reading through the whole thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here