Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’ve made the Jeremy Vine Show.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A true picture? :lolol:

To be fair it is very clear that this photo was taken with a long exposure. Plus we have a very well lit up building site in the foreground which won't be there in the future.

We haven't got anything in the foreground. All the foreground is Sussex University.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I found it here but I cannot verify it though as it is only in the description:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...hUKEwiN5uzptbXnAhUKahoKHXRoAcYQMygGegUIARDqAQ

I have now verified it as East St or corner of in Falmer Village.

90d1fbf6795fb16bf4f77728bd407fd5.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A fella in Middlesex has just emailed in complaining.

If you can see them in Middlesex, I feel there could be a problem.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The last comment was everything that is wrong with Vines programme.
A bloke in Danehill 15 miles away says he can’t see the stars because of the horrific monstrous glow, it’s horrendous.

And Vine accepts that nonsense as fact, without any censure.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Last bloke with the “little Englander “ comment = absolute wanker ,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does this mean that there are no birds there that can be affected too? Or is your point a pedantic one?

No, just a factual one. I'm not a twitcher though, so I couldn't tell you what if any effect it has on any birds in the area. I'd assume they could probably flutter off somewhere else easily enough. And its not like anyone goes birdwatching in the dark is it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A bloke in Danehill 15 miles away says he can’t see the stars because of the horrific monstrous glow, it’s horrendous.

I just can’t believe that you can see the light from Danehill.

My dad lives in Falmer Village, the lamps have had absolutely no impact on his house and he’s 1/4 mile from stadium, also, my sister-in-law lives on Bevendean Crescent so her garden backs onto the field between their house and the stadium, she’s never noticed any effect from the lamps and she’s an ecologist, it’s literally her job to oppose these things.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, for those who missed it, a summary,

Terrorists with prostate cancer have complained because fishermen and bankers are leaving the lights on in a football stadium.

I think.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are you saying that when it is misty that the light pollution looks worse than it really is?

I'm not here to speculate on photography techniques and I haven't driven past the stadium to see it for myself. The way I see it is to save energy and modernise the light system and make it more efficient on the pocket and everyone is a winner.

of course the recently built stadium in Brighton is using inefficent, out of date lights :glare: this is lighting specifically aimed at the ground and the reflection of that is diffused through low cloud, mist or fog. short of a roof there's not much can be done about it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, just a factual one. I'm not a twitcher though, so I couldn't tell you what if any effect it has on any birds in the area. I'd assume they could probably flutter off somewhere else easily enough. And its not like anyone goes birdwatching in the dark is it.

Okay then there is no such thing as nocturnal birds and if the birds don't like it they can go somewhere else. Good job you are not representing the defence of the club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

sad isnt it? as if the entire city of Brighton and Hove doesnt emit any light at night, not to mention Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill to his west.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
of course the recently built stadium in Brighton is using inefficent, out of date lights :glare: this is lighting specifically aimed at the ground and the reflection of that is diffused through low cloud, mist or fog. short of a roof there's not much can be done about it.

The lights are fine it, it's the reflective cover that is lacking in the system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here