Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wettest ever at Football

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yesterday?
Swindon Play off Semi?
Portsmouth away ( 1-5)?
Bristol Rovers Goldstone was it new years day?
Bolton away FA Cup?
Man City Goldstone 4-1?

Yesterday would have been horrible if we hadnt won

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
We played cardiff ona tuesday night at one of our first seasons at withdean - it hammered down all match - think that was the wettest game!!!

That or the play off match, but we didnt care then

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wettest game I was at was actually the Albion/Athlone friendly this season, but in a covered stand.

Wettest I've got was Finn Harps vs. Athlone (noticing an odd trend here!) last season, on an open terrace in a November storm.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Swindon Game...?

But didn't it piss down for the Chesterfield game when brighton won Divison 3?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Friday night evening game in December a few years back. Rochdale possibly?

Absolutely soaked through to the skin.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was horrendous but at least we won very convincingly which helped.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yesterday is definately the wettest I've ever been at a game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The last time we played Millwall at Withdean the conditions were pretty much the same as they were yesterday. They're the only two games I've ever left my seat a couple of minutes before half-time to seek shelter in one of the turnstile entrances. Missed the first goal yesterday but to be honest couldn't have cared less at the time. Just wanted to get to some kind of shelter for a few minutes. Bad fan.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Definitely the Swindon game for me. I've never been so wet & miserable - or so wet & happy.

It took a LONG time to dry off in Raphael Meade's [the NSC version] car on the way back to Southampton!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Home v Luton a couple of seasons ago, drew 1-1 i think Gifton Noel Williams scored

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oldham away 1984/5. Facing the Pennines on an uncovered terrace and 90 minute soaking into a gale. We lost 1-0 to a Mark Ward 35 yarder of course as usual.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
At the wet games I've been to, we've always judged how wet it is on the condition of our wallets at the end of the game. The drier the wallet, the drier the game :D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was one Withdean game v Tranmere in one of the double championes seasons where there was a full-blown stream running down through the railway tunnel after the game. It was about six inches deep and only wellies would have kept your feet dry.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There was one Withdean game v Tranmere in one of the double championes seasons where there was a full-blown stream running down through the railway tunnel after the game. It was about six inches deep and only wellies would have kept your feet dry.

I remember it well Mr H. I was wearing a bikini & flip-flops (although I couldn't really do that anymore due to my wobbly middle).

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm hoping my new Albion coat will be dried out in time for another potential soaking Tuesday night. Yesterday was my wettest ever at Withdean.

My wettest ever was an evening game at Bournemouth 15 years ago or so. On the old Brighton Beach end. Everytime you moved another trickle of water found a way in. We won though. So maybe there's a trend here.
The wetter the better?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm hoping my new Albion coat will be dried out in time for another potential soaking Tuesday night. Yesterday was my wettest ever at Withdean.

My wettest ever was an evening game at Bournemouth 15 years ago or so. On the old Brighton Beach end. Everytime you moved another trickle of water found a way in. We won though. So maybe there's a trend here.
The wetter the better?

Forecast is looking alright for Tuesday at the moment. Fingers crossed!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Which was the game ( Was either swindon or chesterfield) - where there was a pitch invasion and all the players were jumping around in the puddle behind the goal.

I remmeber chesterfield running on tut pitch , i had my tottenham fleece on..:thumbsup::blush:

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
The wettest game i have ever been to must be the Horsham/Swansea game at home. Behind the goal, no roof, standing on grass, delayed 30 min's as the covers came off, the pitch still had massive puddles on top and had to swept off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here