Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wetherspoons

.....They've bought the Cross in Crowborough, opens end of January. Can't imagine it'll much cop though.

It will have to be really, really dire to be worse than it was before. They must have spent shedloads on it to stop it falling down before any refurbishment.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
The Isambard Kingdom Brunel in Guildhall Walk Portsmouth is also a decent one, it is near the University though so can be full of students, but the service, food and beers were very good when I went last year.

Any establishment named after the great man must be good!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Isambard Kingdom Brunel in Guildhall Walk Portsmouth is also a decent one, it is near the University though so can be full of students, but the service, food and beers were very good when I went last year.

Was a regular there whilst a student at the uni. Beer and Burger was 2.99 at the time!! :)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It will have to be really, really dire to be worse than it was before. They must have spent shedloads on it to stop it falling down before any refurbishment.

I don't dispute either of those statements. Chimney stack still looks like it's about to go at any point or at least it did last time I looked. Will be interesting to see what they do with it but I can see it being horrible and bland like allot of their pubs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Commercial Rooms, Bristol. Stunning restoration of a Victorian businessmen's Club.

Yes that's a decent Wetherspoon's. The one in Harrogate is pretty fancy too

6358656293_d805f1975f_b.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst the clientele leave a lot to be desired the beer selection is often little short of fantastic. I was supping Punk IPA and Brooklyn Lager and a nice amber ale a few weeks back whilst killing some time.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've not been there since Mrs Grombleton was at uni, but The Square Bottle in Chester was alright. A bit generic, but better than most i've been to.

The Dolphin & Anchor in Chichester is a miserable place to be.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Adnam's Broadside £2.70 in most town weatherspoons

Adnams Broadside at Weatherspoons Gatwick (Airside) £4.50

I remember when going to the airport used to be a treat for a cheap pint - not now though !!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite like the one in the Marina, sitting outside watching the boats coming and going. The best thing about Spoons is they have bottles of EFES (pint) for £2.75. One of my fave beers, that.

Jan 30, 2008
Quite like the one in the Marina, sitting outside watching the boats coming and going. The best thing about Spoons is they have bottles of EFES (pint) for £2.75. One of my fave beers, that.
YEAH AND ALL THAT BUILDING WORK GOING ON................. lovely place
regards
DR

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The Standing Order in Edinburgh is nice. Similar to the Crosse keys in the City

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have not really bothered with Spoons, have tried to get a Sunday Roast at the Marina few times and it's usually always chaos with people desperately trying to order food while the 2 minimum wage students employed to cope, run around panicking behind the bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here