Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westlake

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Cheltenham Town have bolstered their midfield options with the addition of Leeds United's Ian Westlake on loan.

The former Ipswich Town man recently linked up with The Robins and even played in a reserve game, although they failed to thrash out terms with Leeds.

However, the paired have now concurred on one-month deal for the 25-year-old, who is well down Gary McAllister's pecking order.

Westlake spent time with Brighton last season and is yet to be involved with Leeds' senior side since McAllister's arrival early in the year.

As Leeds tackle Cheltenham a week on Saturday The Whites have inserted a clause in the deal meaning Westlake will not be able to feature against them.

Found this on sky sports

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He'll do well.

No point us getting him though, we've already got left sided players in McLeod and Thornton, and he'd only be on the bench behind Virgo anyway...:rolleyes:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And once again we appear to be doing bugger all in the loan market. Sort it out Micky and quickly!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And once again we appear to be doing bugger all in the loan market. Sort it out Micky and quickly!!!

I'm no big Adams fan, but that's a pretty stupid statement, when we've got four loanees in the current first team squad.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i think it was more a comment that we haven;t got a striker in on loan....although of course Adams thinks we only need one up front and that can be.................................................................................................................virgo!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm no big Adams fan, but that's a pretty stupid statement, when we've got four loanees in the current first team squad.

I beg to differ. With Murray expected to be out on Saturday and the team woefully short of attacking options, not to mention goals, I think we need to bring in a decent loan striker as a matter of urgency. Virgo, Robinson and Anyinsah are hardly likely to cut the mustard at Hartlepool.

Stupid? I think not. But thanks for the compliment.

:)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We currently have four on loan right? doesn't that mean we can only have one more loanee?

We're better off signing a free agent or waiting until the right player is available.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
This proves why we're slow on acting in the loan market. This is why we needed a striker in the summer, you can't go into a new football season with only two prolific goal scorers in Fozzie and Murray.

Agreed Kev

If Adams knew he was not going to use Dixon, Robinson, Cox etc in that position then he should have got a proven goalscorer in on loan or signed in time.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This proves why we're slow on acting in the loan market. This is why we needed a striker in the summer, you can't go into a new football season with only two prolific goal scorers in Fozzie and Murray.

I think we are very lucky to have two *potential* prolific goalscorers, but it was clear that we needed an out-and-out backup striker.

This doesn't prove that we are slow in acting as Westlake is not a striker. I would have welcomed him, but then do we need him?

If Adams had been watching us for a fair while (during the courting) then he should have realised that we needed a proper striker as a backup.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He'll do well.

No point us getting him though, we've already got left sided players in McLeod and Thornton, and he'd only be on the bench behind Virgo anyway...:rolleyes:

His strongest position is attacking midfield, Isn't that what we've been crying out for?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
His strongest position is attacking midfield, Isn't that what we've been crying out for?

As is Anyinsah and Thornton.

Maybe at the beginning of the season he would have been decent addition, the time for a wide/attacking midfielder on loan has been filled over and over again for now.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
As is Anyinsah and Thornton.

Maybe at the beginning of the season he would have been decent addition, the time for a wide/attacking midfielder on loan has been filled over and over again for now.

Is Anyinsah good enough?, will Thornton stay? permanents signing are what this club needs, not fill-in players who come and go as they please

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
RIGHT.

I have had ENOUGH of this.

When will you people REALISE that VIRGO is the SOLUTION to ALL our problems. We dont NEED anymore players, just stick Virgo in there!

Adams thinks so and so he is obviously RIGHT and not a myopic northern monkey at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here