Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westlake

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite right TMLS.

I still need an answer to my earlier question, too.

If Virgs gets injured, will we have to loan FOUR players to cover for him?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Quite right TMLS.

I still need an answer to my earlier question, too.

If Virgs gets injured, will we have to loan FOUR players to cover for him?

No because like Hawkins Adams will play a clearly UNFIT Virgo. (To be fair Hawkins has shown signs of recovery now but for awhile it was for f*** sake you stupid northern midget).

Remember he CANNOT be dropped from the side.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No, but we are talking about the here and now

The January Transfer window opens in just over 2 months, the here and now should also relate to who's avaliable for transfers in the very near future,
thats are next and only chance of saving a season. If Westlake has recently gone on loan to Cheltenham then that surely means he would be intrested in signing for us in January?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
The January Transfer window opens in just over 2 months, the here and now should also relate to who's avaliable for transfers in the very near future,
thats are next and only chance of saving a season. If Westlake has recently gone on loan to Cheltenham then that surely means he would be intrested in signing for us in January?

why assume he would want to sign for us?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

How the hell have you come the that assumption ?

Just because he has gone to Cheltenham doesn't mean he wants to sign for us in Jan.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
How the hell have you come the that assumption ?

Just because he has gone to Cheltenham doesn't mean he wants to sign for us in Jan.

Why not? he's played for us before!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is in his first spell Westlake was quite good. But then he went and came back and was average.

So Im not sure which Westlake we would get if he did sign.

Its been documented before that we tend to get good players on loan and make them shit!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
love the way people seem to think proven strikers are readily available and that other teams just decide 'hey, we don't need this proven striker who is scoring goals, let ship him out on loan'
sake
There have been, always are, and always will be players available. Just a few who are already on loan at League One clubs are players like Fleetwood, Dickinson, Kandol, Hawley, Easter. Plus players like Noel-Williams and Owusu who were on free transfers. There's not really any excuse for the current situation we are in with strikers.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
nope, sorry. Signing for Cheltenham on loan may mean he wants to go there, doesn't mean he wants to sign for, say, Bristol Rovers.

Funny that because when a player is loaned out at the age of 25 it tends to mean their not needed. If a player is not needed then he looks for a club that will help build his career, If you were once a player who was given player of the season by Ipswich and you were a born and bred southerner, who would you choose to get you back to where you started?

1)Brighton
2)Cheltenham

PS. I'd suggest finding out about Cheltenhams history and ambitions in football to give a correct answer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Funny that because when a player is loaned out at the age of 25 it tends to mean their not needed. If a player is not needed then he looks for a club that will help build his career, If you were once a player who was given player of the season by Ipswich and you were a born and bred southerner who would you choose?
1)Brighton
2)Cheltenham

PS. I'd suggest finding out about Cheltenhams history and ambitions in football to give a correct answer.

There's a LOT of assumption there.

What if Westlake...
..has always wanted to work with Martin Allen?
...is best friends with Alan Wright?
...is married to a girl from Cirencester?
...loves walking in the Cotswolds?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is Mr Truth its not been documented that the Albion are actually interested in Westlake.

Im sure if we were then he would have come back to us.

Anyway we HAVE Adam Virgo FFS.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Westlake wants to move nearer to his home area in Essex, Clacton I believe. He loved being with us but thought that it would be difficult to get a permanent move here becasue of wages/transfer price etc. He hates Leeds, and has no desire to stay there, but his contract still has time left on it. I had this conversation with him last season when he was with us.

I am guessing, but I imagine that his move to Cheltenham was to get some first team football under his belt, ready for whatever might be avaialble as a permanent move in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here