Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Upper - the place to be?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would've thought that five flights of stairs would have put off the elderly and less agile.

I hope you're right, I was disturbed by the number of people at Bournemouth who seemed to be struggling to climb five or six steps. It'll be a nightmare if any of these people are in the WSU. You'd have to make sure you got there at 2 to ensure that you got to the top of the steps by kick off if you were stuck behind one of them.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I hope you're right, I was disturbed by the number of people at Bournemouth who seemed to be struggling to climb five or six steps. It'll be a nightmare if any of these people are in the WSU. You'd have to make sure you got there at 2 to ensure that you got to the top of the steps by kick off if you were stuck behind one of them.

Hmmm. Very good point. It seems they could become a health and safety issue! Evacuation in the event of a fire could be interesting.

Maybe an agility test should be introduced before admittance to the WSU is granted! :wink:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I did think there would be lifts/escalators up to the top tier.

I suppose I'll either get fit od die. Mr canning is also in 'The Roost' so hope he makes it.

Oh, and I hope there are loos up their too!

chickrun

Sep 13, 2006
surrey
thanks i want to try and persuade my 80 year old dad as high up as possibile.suppose high up in lower west still an option
if still available

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
which side of WSU is going to have the most atmosphere, south or north??

Centre and to the North side of centre, although with the low roof we won't have the Withdean problem of all singing different songs. A song should be started anywhere and build momentum until every one is cracking it out. . . . . in theory anyway

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully north. Our block of 80 is on the north side of the halfway line. :thumbsup:

So is ours. Our thinking was that the Albion would probably be kicking towards the North in the second half. Not that it will make that much difference!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
thanks i want to try and persuade my 80 year old dad as high up as possibile.suppose high up in lower west still an option
if still available

Agreed go lower. You will get seats.

I think that the stairs to the Upper West may prove difficult for someone in their 80s. Especially when we get to the prem in 5 years.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Talking about the Amex just makes me want to hug everything.

I'm so excited. I think I might just spend the first 45 minutes hugging people I don't know and crying. I think that might go down a storm.

Good grief, this is going to be soooooooo good.

What, even an old Tory like me, Rich? (Actually, I commented to my folks tonight when they said the government was thinking of selling off the Forestry Commission that had you lot picked the right Milliband I would be thinking of changing my vote). I'm going in the North Stand, Row O, low enough to avoid you lot standing all game in front of me, high enough to see the far goal clearly, really looking forward to it. Also, I've got most of my friends round me, which was a principal reason for choosing the North over the West Lower. I know Chris is going North. Is Si as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here