Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Upper - the place to be?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I'm absolutely Gutted , really wanna be in WSU . Someone offered me a +3 then seems to have let me down . If any kind soul has a spare +3 let me know . No jcl here

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
there's still loads of room.

I only got my ticket yesterday, but still managed to get 4 in the front row together in line with the edge of the area, North Stand side

Not for me , I'm not in any priority group . Season ticket at goldstone and the odd year at withdean doesn't get me anywhere and rightly so I suppose . Just be gutted to miss out on WSU

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Not for me , I'm not in any priority group . Season ticket at goldstone and the odd year at withdean doesn't get me anywhere and rightly so I suppose . Just be gutted to miss out on WSU

f***ing hell Danny !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

let me ask the guys, cant promise anything now but will ask....

Just had this e-mail from a mate who got his yesterday:

The ground is awesome. To be honest there won't be a bad seat in the house.

I thought West Upper was great, but it is a very VERY long way up. I've seen the seat view software they're using and I think it made the view look closer than it is.

The other benefit of West Upper is that it's steep. The steps are knee height. I stood behind the guys I was with and you could see the whole pitch without straining. Should be great for the kids.

The lower area steps are just over half that height.

The exciting news, other than seeing the undersoil heating being installed is the floodlights. League football rules require 500 lux lighting levels apparently, whereas the premier league (driven by Sky) stipulate 800 lux. TB asked for the spec to be upped to 800!!! Cost £45k ish.

Spoke to the guys in the club marketing suite. They reckon a lot of the message board threads are a bit of scaremongering. Tickets are going very well however. He said West Upper was probably 10% to 15% sold, all of which is fanning out in a D from the front at half way.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just had this e-mail from a mate who got his yesterday:

The ground is awesome. To be honest there won't be a bad seat in the house.

I thought West Upper was great, but it is a very VERY long way up. I've seen the seat view software they're using and I think it made the view look closer than it is.

The other benefit of West Upper is that it's steep. The steps are knee height. I stood behind the guys I was with and you could see the whole pitch without straining. Should be great for the kids.

The lower area steps are just over half that height.

The exciting news, other than seeing the undersoil heating being installed is the floodlights. League football rules require 500 lux lighting levels apparently, whereas the premier league (driven by Sky) stipulate 800 lux. TB asked for the spec to be upped to 800!!! Cost £45k ish.

Spoke to the guys in the club marketing suite. They reckon a lot of the message board threads are a bit of scaremongering. Tickets are going very well however. He said West Upper was probably 10% to 15% sold, all of which is fanning out in a D from the front at half way.

As a prospective WSUpper that's about the most helpful post I've seen, cheers.

31st jan for me.

PG

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

10% of 4,500 is 450. I'm pretty sure there have been considerably more than that sold!

10% of 4,500 is 450. I'm pretty sure there have been considerably more than that sold!

If that's the case then the guys in the marketing suite are lying.

Either way i'm just passing on an e-mail from a guy who was there yesterday and asked the question.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And then listen to the entire away end laughing AT us. I cringe everytime we sing that song. Embarrassing.

Nah, it's great. The ultimate put-down to the homophobic nonsense. How can you reply to that chant?! You can't. Perfect.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OFFICIALLY, are we ALLOWED to hang flags off the front of the tier?

I doubt it.

All of the club's shots of the stand show advertising running the length of the stand but, with most of the TV cameras pointing away from the West, there may be some 'latitude' (as well as altitude - see what I did there?).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm going North Stand and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. f*** the view, I'm there for the atmosphere, pies and beer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here