Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Upper - the place to be?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Of course, with West Stand Upper being the official residence of North Stand Chat, there are the NSC bonuses that all those in that tier will benefit from.

Those confirming their season ticket bookings should have an email with full details by now, and a further batch will be sent out on Sunday.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Of course, with West Stand Upper being the official residence of North Stand Chat, there are the NSC bonuses that all those in that tier will benefit from.

Those confirming their season ticket bookings should have an email with full details by now, and a further batch will be sent out on Sunday.

Apologies for being thick, Im in the dark, bozza, can you clarify?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Cheers, got mine this morning :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've gone with row 17 of the lower tier, although I wouldn't want to be TOO much lower.

What do you reckon the cut off point is? I thought row 8 would be the lowest which would enable you to get some perspective. I like being in the front rows at Withdean, which I guess would be the equivalent height-wise of about 10 rows back at Falmer....?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Ooh, I must check my email!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Good work, fella. Really excited about this.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's a good question and probably the one I spent most time thinking about before my presentation. I came to the conclusion that anything lower than row 10 could be a bit risky at the Amex. I'd say the front row at Withdean is probably equivalent to about row 6/7, but others have said it may be more like 8/9, so I think if you get into double figures you'll get perspective.
Cheers for that, very helpful. It's the question I've been wondering about the most too....

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
It's a good question and probably the one I spent most time thinking about before my presentation. I came to the conclusion that anything lower than row 10 could be a bit risky at the Amex. I'd say the front row at Withdean is probably equivalent to about row 6/7, but others have said it may be more like 8/9, so I think if you get into double figures you'll get perspective.

That's what I figured when I booked my west lower seats on wednesday - went for row k so 11 rows up. Close enough to feel in contact with the players and to give the linesman some advice :lolol: but high enough to see the game hopefully

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
One reason I'll probably be avoiding the East...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Actually, I've just remembered there is no row I or O at Withdean but there will be at the Amex, so the South Stand is 24 rows and not 26. Your row S seat at Withdean is basically the 17th row plus let's say 6-8 that are missing where the track is. Effectively, you're in roughly row 24 at Withdean, which would put you about five rows from the back of the lower tier at the Amex. What did you find different about the views? Which felt nearer/higher?

Going purely on pictures, it looks to me like the lower tier at the Amex has a more gentle slope to it than Withdean, unlike the upper tier which is more upright.

It felt as though the West Stand Lower was a little bit 'shallower' than the current South Stand. 25 or so rows in WSL back still certainly seemed lower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here