Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West stand upper

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
View is superb, and atmosphere can be pretty decent when it gets going. North stand did nothing for me when I sat there (Was an H blocker at Withdean). Atmosphere was OK, but couldn't see what was going on at the other end of the pitch!

WSU all the way, and would never consider sitting in the North again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WSU is great for view of game as I prefer to look down at games as you can read the tactics easier and the atmosphere gets really good at times.

Oh and an Ultra-free zone which is nice

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
View is superb, and atmosphere can be pretty decent when it gets going. North stand did nothing for me when I sat there (Was an H blocker at Withdean). Atmosphere was OK, but couldn't see what was going on at the other end of the pitch!

Pretty much this, I have also sat in the WSL block nearest the away fans, didn't think the view was that great.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
At the end of the day it all comes down to what you want. If you want view and comfort, go to WSU. If you want atmosphere, North is probably the better option.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
WSU definitely. Great view, atmosphere is superb and having been in the North a couple of times pre match beers are a lot easier to get in WSU. North stand concourse also seems to act as a wind tunnel open both ends and gets bloody cold (or is that just my age?)

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

I'm a NS Season ticket holder, and spent a game in the WSU and thought it was total gash. The view was good but not amazing, I like being quite close, but the atmosphere was awful. Never again, North Stand all the way for me.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
WSU is brilliant for me.
I'm at the end towards the North Stand and 2nd row from the front.
it's got everything that I love about football. Fantastic view of the game, loads of noise, great bunch of people around me (no moaners!) & great atmosphere.

The only thing I missed being up there was when Vicente ripped off his shirt after he scored.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
best seat in the house.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I like it up there, although I did feel more part of the game when I went into the NS on cup games.

Remember though there is roughly 100 steps to the WSU, so you can ditch the gym membership!

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Or if you want everything view , comfort & atmosphere sit in H BLOCK WSU

I have to agree with you, there. I've tried out the various stands, and got into WSU block H for the Birmingham match and the atmosphere was superb! It was almost on a par with the North Stand for enthusiasm and volume, but without as much bad language or hate chants.

Of all the seats I've tried, the one I got at the front of WSU right by the TV cameras (block F, row D) was by far my preferred view. So to now manage to get a season ticket in WSU block F row F is a FANTASTIC result for me.

Oct 25, 2003
been in WSU a couple of times.........the view is the best in the ground, but the atmosphere just doesn't compare to the north

was a shock having to actually sit down as i don't think i've sat down for a single minute in the north

it's simply a matter of whether you prefer the view or atmosphere.....north for me

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
In WSU. Two rows from the front and towards the away end. My view is fantastic but only problem is those in the very front row have the ability to sit forward and they block the view when corners etc are taken in North end. A small gripe- apart form this really happy with where I am. Atmosphere is good and no real knobs around.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Remember though there is roughly 100 steps to the WSU, so you can ditch the gym membership!

...and there's a sign on the lift saying that it's for staff use only. When I took someone with health problems, I warned them about the climb (but didn't know how many flights, let alone steps), and offered to ask whether he might be allowed to use the lift. But, as he didn't want to be treated like an invalid, he said he'd use the stairs and take a breather as he needed it. Two breathers later and a racing heart by the time he got to the top, and he decided perhaps he WOULD ask about the lift next time!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
...and there's a sign on the lift saying that it's for staff use only. When I took someone with health problems, I warned them about the climb (but didn't know how many flights, let alone steps), and offered to ask whether he might be allowed to use the lift. But, as he didn't want to be treated like an invalid, he said he'd use the stairs and take a breather as he needed it. Two breathers later and a racing heart by the time he got to the top, and he decided perhaps he WOULD ask about the lift next time!

There are two sets of steps remember. One is much shorter than the other.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
In WSU. Two rows from the front and towards the away end. My view is fantastic but only problem is those in the very front row have the ability to sit forward and they block the view when corners etc are taken in North end. A small gripe- apart form this really happy with where I am. Atmosphere is good and no real knobs around.

I think you have hit on an extremely valid point there and irrespective of which stand.

It seems to me that every seat in the ground potentially has a great view but when people sit forward they do indeed screw up the view for those behind so everyone else has to lean forward to see beyond them or eventually stand up thus screwing up the whole thing as above.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if the club pointed this out generally as possibly people don't realise they are
causing this problem.

PS. WSU is brilliant as for view and the atmos. isn't too bad either.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here