Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West stand upper

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How do you know what atmosphere is like in centre WSU if you sit at north
end?

I've sat there.

I believe my seat is cheaper that yours by the way. They are definitely cheaper at the wings.

On the subject of priority, I was near the start of the queue, but took my position out of choice. Hate watching a game from the half way line - always have.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
North stand if you want to stand, sing, scream, swear, surge, party, make some noise, and enjoy the closest experience to footy as it was in the 70s and 80s that is possible at the amex.

WSU if you want to sit down to watch the game, only stand and sing when we score, not argue, discuss pipe and slippers, reminisce about the old days but not be able to stand up like the old days, but you must be able to scale K2 to 'enjoy' this WSU experience.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On the subject of priority, I was near the start of the queue, but took my position out of choice. Hate watching a game from the half way line - always have.

For the same reason we chose to be on the 18yd line at the north end of WSU (block H) - when plenty of more central seats were still available - oh, and it put us nearer to the North Stand (not that we hear as much as I would have liked from them :( )

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
North stand if you want to stand, sing, scream, swear, surge, party, make some noise, and enjoy the closest experience to footy as it was in the 70s and 80s that is possible at the amex.

WSU if you want to sit down to watch the game, only stand and sing when we score, not argue, discuss pipe and slippers, reminisce about the old days but not be able to stand up like the old days, but you must be able to scale K2 to 'enjoy' this WSU experience.

I must go to Specsavers, didnt see this once all season

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It won't be next season - it'll be ESU.

Agreed. View will be great ,especially with the backdrop of the fantastic West Stand.When you sit in the West stand you do not appreciate how good it looks. Not sure how the atmosphere will be in ESU though.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I love being in WSU - great view, decent atmosphere (but can go flat at times) and now very good service at kiosks. My only gripe really is that being in Block A means that the vast majority of our goals are scored down the other end - but we still have a good view of them though.

Perhaps it was the way we played but the magic has gone from the away trips for me this season - and missing out on the panoramic WSU view always accentuates that.

One added bonus is that we're beautifully sheltered up in the rook, Our concourse is enclosed and has nice views from huge windows, and even in the seats we seem to be spared the cold winds as well as the rain and sun in our eyes. Sitting in ESU will be a much colder experience I suspect.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
This all sounds very positive for me as I've just moved from the dull WSL (block C) to upstairs in the gods. Never even been up there so really looking forward to next season.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
WSU for me forever

Fantastic view watching the spread of play
Atmosphere really good
Seat gradients good - do not miss not standing
Warm in winter
Great astmosphere on concourse

And its going to get better with the new East Stand backdrop (despite all the gash on the the ESU post )

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
WSU for me forever

Fantastic view watching the spread of play
Atmosphere really good
Seat gradients good - do not miss not standing
Warm in winter
Great astmosphere on concourse

And its going to get better with the new East Stand backdrop (despite all the gash on the the ESU post )

This + always come up the South West Stand entrance steps now, seems to be so much easier mainly i guess because those last 20 or so steps up the north entrance are killers even though one's athleticism is normally enhanced by 6 pints of Harveys beforehand!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The atmosphere is poor in the expensive centre line seats. No different from the Withdean in that respect.

We are front row in the corner near the North and the atmosphere is brilliant.

Wouldn't ever move unless forced.

absolute bollocks.

The atmosphere in the centre is superb

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
absolute bollocks.

The atmosphere in the centre is superb

Totally agree - What the "H" block people might not realise being stuck at one end is that there are pockets of people right along the stand who get up and get songs going - this is very obvious from where I sit centrally in "F" Block including a good group who are just in front of me

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Totally agree - What the "H" block people might not realise being stuck at one end is that there are pockets of people right along the stand who get up and get songs going - this is very obvious from where I sit centrally in "F" Block including a good group who are just in front of me
the whole stand is awesome it's great when other blocks start singing coz everybody else joins in anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here