Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand and North - the whole stadium - amazing

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I just posted on another thread that a couple of Donny fans told us on the train back to Lewes that the loudest set of home fans they had experienced in the last couple of seasons were WBA and we were as loud as them today, they were really impressed by the noise

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I was in the East (family) and the atmosphere sounded great from all stands, including the East

That's because our Capt H of the WSU was today temporailiy in the East stand hence upping the East and reducing the West - he is good for ten men ! - You know who I mean !

Last edited:

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
in family stand - great atmosphere , losing my voice. Well done west/north - we will join in and get better!

what a day - still buzzing

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
:clap2:

a big thanks to a few lads in H BLOCK:clap2::clap2::clap2: made my day having some singers around me and my boy. keep it up lads:albion2:

If we are talking about the same ones, I thought they were great until they started abusing people that weren't singing along with them and wanted a few minutes to catch their breath back. Just because you don't join in with every song does not make you a plastic, nor is it an indicator that one should have in fact stayed at the Withdean and it certainly is not a prerequisite for shame to be inflicted upon oneself. Many around me were starting to get offended at the torrent of abuse being thrown around by them and if they continue, I can see some tense and hostile times ahead when really we should all be focussed on celebrating the occasion in whichever way suits us and enjoying the season for what it is- certainly not bickering amongst ourselves whilst in the ground, otherwise whats the point of NSC?

Just saying.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Been watching the Albion since the late 60's and have to say the atmosphere in the stadium was incredible. There were some great times at The Goldstone but nothing like this. Just cannot wait for the next one. A brilliant idea by the club to give everyone a flag, made a sight we will remember for a long time. Hope fans bring them back. Awsome.
Agreed. Like you I've been watching the Albion since the 1960s (1966) and I was at all the promotion and big games. That was probably the best home atmosphere I've ever known, certainly for a league game and it was probably better than the famous Ipswich and Derby League Cup games. And all the sides were singing! At the Goldstone the West Stand would sometimes stop moaning for long enough to join in the odd 'Seagulls' chant, but the east terrace never started any songs and being uncovered the noise just went up in the air.

A great day and it felt very much like the start of a new era; I honestly believe that we'll surpass the achievements the old 'Glory Years'

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So how many plastics did we have? Some say West was good, then again some on here have said West Stand Upper was quiet and North was full of children??
I'm trying to get a ticket for the Blackpool game, I was thinking of East as to get the whole atmos from looking at that huge west stand, but now I think maybe West if the atmos was good, then again, I'll do well to get a ticket. I don't care what some middle class twat says, I'll always stand up, sing and encourage my team. So I might go to East to liven it up.

Goodness, are you a working class twat then?

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Let's face it the Norrh was always going to be the noisiest and the West is twice the size of the East. The East is also the Respect Stand. All things considered it made plenty of noise!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here