Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand and North - the whole stadium - amazing

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
The atmosphere was brilliant in the East, just because there wasn't so much singing the whole ground was jumping at times and it was just as good in the East believe me. And I'm pleased to take credit for starting the 'Albioooon' song when prompted by the North stand, my lads were looking at me in awe, what a moment! :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh yes. And a special mention to C Block. Some tidy geezers who will keep the singing going. Get in C Block!!!!!!!!!!!!

That be my brother and his mates some who have not been since the Goldstone days-all in their mid 40s by chance? and sat on the southern lower of the west?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The atmosphere was brilliant in the East, just because there wasn't so much singing the whole ground was jumping at times and it was just as good in the East believe me. And I'm pleased to take credit for starting the 'Albioooon' song when prompted by the North stand, my lads were looking at me in awe, what a moment! :lolol:

Keep it going-the young guns need this.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I went MAD when that we scored the winner. The atmosphere just before and after kick off was incredible with the sea of flags. After their goal it went a bit flat but after half time even before we equalised the singing was good and the end was just amazing. It does seem that often the north stand start the songs and it travels to the west. What a day!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Well done that man. people forget there's loads of little ones in that stand and also people who don't have season tickets. That just might be why there weren't many songs coming from it. But I was very impressed with the noise, it was fantastic. All the plaudits though to the north and west.keep it up lads and visiting clubs won't know what has hit them.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Oh yes. And a special mention to C Block. Some tidy geezers who will keep the singing going. Get in C Block!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:C block, inspired choice. Any pics today?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Yeah. They started one great chorus of Albion so bloody well done. As long as the kids loved it, it doesn't really matter does it? They'll be in the North and West one day. Whole stadium was way, way, way beyond my wildest dreams in terms of atmosphere.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i was in block h east and atmosphere was fine...loved watching west n north stands...so much colour...brilliant day...the whole experience..goals..bookings...manager sent off...etc etc

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I was in East E1A thought The atmosphere was brilliant in the East, yes north stand rocked it with song after song, west stand when singing together were the loudest.
brilliant idea of the flags just made it altogether so much better.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Even in the 70s when the Goldstone had the North & South stands singing the atmosphere rarely matched today's.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Even in the 70s when the Goldstone had the North & South stands singing the atmosphere rarely matched today's.

it's going back quite a bit so perhaps the memory is not quite right but the atmosphere today seemed to outshine even those great days.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
WSL every time for me from now on - I wouldn't even consider the East if I was you.

As others have said, East stand was a pretty good atmosphere, but unlikely to start their own songs, but joined in a lot. I sang my lungs out, as did many others in the family stand, and I took much pleasure in the shocked faces of the North stand when they asked for a song and in complete surprise got a full blast back. Great day, to suggest there was a part of the stadium you didn't want to be in other than the away end of course, is being a bit disingenuous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here