Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Indies v England - 1st test

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I thought Prior batted extremely well. It abit of a shame he couldn't go on and make a ton. But over 300 is a good score on this wicket, hopefully we can make inroads into their batting now.

There making it look easy to bat on this wicket though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
well, Apparently the West Indies spinner ,Benn, was very difficult to read and able to turn it almost sideways on day one.. so, how come Monty's going for almost 4 an over and looks very tame ?

bring on KP to try to seperate these two

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We will be mullered unless wickets start to fall.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Why isn't Monty getting spin, It's f***ing terrible. We really need to pull our finger out if we're gunna win this game.

I lumped on 6/5 on them getting LESS than 400.5

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What an absolutely GASH performance on a flat track against average bowlers. :nono:

Billy the Fish said:
There's a bit of life in the wicket and they actually bowled quite well yesterday, so it's not a GASH performance.
:dunce:

Billy the Fish said:
Best to wait and see what they get before we judge how shit we are.
It was a minefield when we were batting, now it looks flat as anything. I put it down to shit bowling from us rather than the batsmen

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Panesar just hasn't got the guts or variation to be a threat. I tihnk he's living on borrowed time himself at the moment. Rashid is waiting in the wings and is a much more agressive bowler who may prove expensive at first but who better to teach a young leggie how to bowl at international level than Mushtaq?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Panesar just hasn't got the guts or variation to be a threat. I tihnk he's living on borrowed time himself at the moment. Rashid is waiting in the wings and is a much more agressive bowler who may prove expensive at first but who better to teach a young leggie how to bowl at international level than Mushtaq?

Swann should probably have played in this test.

We do not seem to have the fight we had 4 or 5 years ago.

As Shane Warn said, Panesar has played his first test 40 times:laugh:

The spinning position is turning into a real problem for England. Panesar does nothing to justify his place, until he gets a wicket which suits his bowling (plenty of bounce and turn) and then he gets lots of wickets, making it hard to drop him.

I think Rashid is still a bit inexperienced, he apparently bowls a lot of crap balls, but I certainly think Swann should be in the team. He can bat and field much better as well!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Monty does not try and get into the mind of the batsemen. he just trots up and delivers more or less the same ball six times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Monty does struggle to find variation in his bowling and also lacks the control to "Tie down " one end.

Top spinners have the ability to read the wicket, and can use attacking bowling on good spinning wickets. Alternatively they can bowl for containment and reducing the scoring from one end while the strike bowlers are rotated at the other end to keep them fresh.

Monty just keeps doing the same whatever the wicket, someone needs to have a word. He's going for almost 4 an over and the Windies are just picking him off at will.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Day 3 Begins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here