SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Pieterson's facial hair is shocking
_45446089_pietersenbody226.jpg

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Totally agree Kev. Bell batting at number 3 is a joke. Shah should be given a chance there. Or perhaps a reccall in the summer for Mr Vaughan (if he can get his head down and perform for his county). Or maybe the forggoten man Rob Key?

The problem is Shah is not a number 3, the place he should be gunning for is Collingwoods number 5 slot, or Bell is dropped and Pietersen has to go to 3.

Key is not good enough, flat track bully at best. Also the fact he is Freddie's drinking pal is probably something that counts against him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Quite. Can (should?) one supress their natural game?

The problem is that Pieterson seems to have a knack of getting himself out either on the way to a century or immediatly afterwards. Gayle played him very well there, kept the field up and told Benn to keep tossing it up. I don't care is it's the way he plays or not, he must be aware that captains and bowlers are wise to the fact that he can't control these urges to smash bowlers out of the park when he thinks he's on top. He looked so in control there and could have gone on to a huge score.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as much as I love KP for smashing the ball around there are times where he needs to forget his own game and play for the Team, yet again yesterday he should've made 150+ and set us up much better...but he decides its a 20/20 game and goes for glory. If he could just control himself that little bit not only would he get higher scores but it would benefit England alot more.
In the interview he said "its the way I play" when Nass mentioned some people wont like it, well I'm sorry KP but you'd get a shit load more respect if you used your brain every once in a while.

Just my opinion like :thumbsup:

The problem is that Pieterson seems to have a knack of getting himself out either on the way to a century or immediatly afterwards. Gayle played him very well there, kept the field up and told Benn to keep tossing it up. I don't care is it's the way he plays or not, he must be aware that captains and bowlers are wise to the fact that he can't control these urges to smash bowlers out of the park when he thinks he's on top. He looked so in control there and could have gone on to a huge score.

I agree with this. While I understand that we don't want to curtail his natural game, I'm surprised that he doesn't pick up on this himself. It would be incredibly frustating for a fielding side if a batsman was able to play with control, then whack them around a bit, then return to being steady, as it would give the impression of KP being in charge at all times, and able to do what he wants. As it is, once (certainly in Tests) KP starts to charge you know it's just a question of how many runs he's going to score before getting out.

I think the reason that Pietersen attracts so much ire is because he's a bit like Ian Bell; he gets out when he could score more runs. I realise that their cases are different, with Bell getting out for 20s/30s and Pietersen for 90/100, but the argument is the same.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Flintoff out, 15th ball of the day, 3rd ball of the new ball.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
All on Prior to bat well for the first 3 tests and keep well before he returns back to Hove and misses the 4th test and maybe the rest of the series if back up keeper does well

I'd rather have Hodd behind the stumps anyway, I fancy Matty get a Ton here.

See that Cover Drive from Matty!! :bowdown:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Think Mr Prior has been watching a few brian lara dvds,some of the shots he has played today are very similar to the great man,long may it continue :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here